Help!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovesoap

Reaction score
A question for those that use a silicone mold that nestles down inside a wooden box with lid. I've been having this weird spotting issue. Only on the outside of my soap top, bottom, sides. I thought it was heat(i always gel) and so I stopped insulating completely. The spots weren't quite as pronounced with the less insulation but still there. It's not formulary because when I use soap with pvc (and also gel) there is no problem. I've used this formula for a very long time. I'm wondering if perhaps it's condensation build up-can condensation form between the soap and silicone on the sides and bottom? The lid on my mold fits very snuggly especially after gel-I have to tug at it to get it off-could it be causing a build up of condensation. I just can't imagine that it builds up on the sides and bottom. Remember these spots are not throughout the soap-only on the outside. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

MysterySpots2.jpg
[/img]

I don't use those exact molds, but yep moisture can build up on the sides and bottoms when using silicone.

I used to get that with funky foam liners. Try using a credit card to kinda scrape the sides.

Latest posts

Back