HELP!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernEssence

Reaction score
An owner of a gift shop out of town is wanting me to send her samples. I only have 1 wholesale customer and they're 3 miles away so I've never sent samples before.

What do I send? Do I send her whole bars in the packaging and everything? I have about 20 different soaps, do I send her like 5 bars?

I'd send one nice bar, packaged and labeled. And then some 'raw' samples like inch cubes in little baggies with their scents labeled so they can get a feel for your variety. I wouldn't send a sample of EVERY bar you make, but like five of your best.

Lane hit it on the nose.

One sample so they can see the finished labeled produc & the smaller cubes for scent samples.

Tabitha said:
Lane hit it on the nose.

One sample so they can see the finished labeled produc & the smaller cubes for scent samples.

Thanks! I once sent a large sample package to a local store who was asking about carrying my line. I sent 10 really pretty packages bars, and never heard back from the place... If you figure you sell the bars at $5.00, I was out $50.00. :(

Ok I sent her the samples. She wanted something Lavender so I sent her my Lavender & Goats Milk in a full size bar with packaging. I also sent 6 end pieces (about 1/4 thick) of other soaps. Of course I took a picture too. :wink:
DSC01060.jpg

How far from you is this store? I would make the effort to visit personally if it it's nt hundreds of miles away. You can always ship product afterwards.

Lucy said:
How far from you is this store? I would make the effort to visit personally if it it's nt hundreds of miles away. You can always ship product afterwards.

3 hours away. I'm not spending that much on gas for a possible sale.

I just mapquested it 164.72 miles, 3 hours and 18 minutes.

presentation

What I do is make small scent samples, about the size of petit fours. I send about four or five of my best scents.

Then, shrink wrap them and place them on a long piece of cardboard...then shrink wrap the whole thing....place my label on it, and send it in a decorative box along with one full-size bar and my press kit.

Southern Essence, how did you go about getting your first wholesale account. I'm considering asking a shop owner here in town to carry my soaps, but I don't know what I should say or how I should approach her. Any help for a newbie like myself? I would really appreciate it.

pink-north said:
Southern Essence, how did you go about getting your first wholesale account. I'm considering asking a shop owner here in town to carry my soaps, but I don't know what I should say or how I should approach her. Any help for a newbie like myself? I would really appreciate it.

They contact me through my website.

Just what is a press kit? I am like so clueless here!! Many Thx for the answers!

Krickett

Back