Help within next 20 min

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angezzz

Reaction score
I am making a large batch of soap and I want to use Buttercream FO and Vanilla Cream FO...I was going to add the stabilizer. Is this safe to mix all together and then add?

I am making a large batch of soap and I want to use Buttercream FO and Vanilla Cream FO...I was going to add the stabilizer. Is this safe to mix all together and then add?

Should be, but check the supplier website and see if they have any other instructions.

FYI, stabilizers will not prevent the discoloration just postpone it for a time. The more vanillian in the FO the shorter time they will hold it off.

You are so new you really should rethink large batches. I don't even make 8 lbs and I sell. It took me a couple years before I made more than 3 lbs at a time. That's a lot of soap to risk having it go wrong.

You are so new you really should rethink large batches.

I am only a year old in the soapy world. I am still trying so many different things-- I love using my little 16oz loaf. I only get 4 bars, which is enough to share with my guinea pigs and still have one for myself. And few enough that a mistake doesn't result in tons of weird soap.

Wow...sorry for that. I have never used Vanilla stabilizer in any of my soaps and I didn't mind the chocolaty colour. I am not putting my customers in any harm so I think they are safe.

Wow...sorry for that. I have never used Vanilla stabilizer in any of my soaps and I didn't mind the chocolaty colour. I am not putting my customers in any harm so I think they are safe.
But you post in the Beginners Forum, so I would wonder how experienced you are. Those of us that sell and have been selling see a lot of bad soap and it hurts all of us. The soap I made when I first started making soap was great, so I thought, I would not consider selling those first soaps. I also do not make over 6lb batches. With 7 yrs of making soap I still have some go south once in a while

So let me explain so I make sure I am using the forum correctly and I am not insulting anyone. Although I have made many soaps, not all have turned out and I would never consider myself an expert or even close. I have been making soap in small batches for about 3 years, which I still consider 3 years (part time) a newbie and a learning experience. I give credit to you amazing soapers because it is so much to learn and a lot of trial and error. The soaps I have made in the last three years have been quite safe...as in...nothing to advanced for my skill level. The soaps I sell are pretty basic and I stuck with essential oils and natural colorants and always wait 4-6 weeks with the correct PH. I started selling soaps this summer because my 15 year old started a summer business for students and she opened a small gift store. My soaps sold like crazy, this is why I am making larger batches and stocking up. As I am trying to stock up, I am getting emails and they are selling quicker than I can make them. No, I am not an expert and I am on the beginners soap making forum because I would like to get into other things like mixing colours, swirling, using things like stabilizers, CPOP, trying different molds...Etc. I absolutely love this site and it is helping me tremendously. I have never seen such a great group of people helping so much and so quickly! Please let me know if I am not following rules or if I should be asking questions on a different section of the forum.

And no one minds answering questions in either forum. It is just that the beginner's forum has different expectations. I still ask tons of questions in the other forum. There is discussion going on there all the time that would more interest an experienced soaper such as yourself.

I'm sorry... Soap making is often tricky and I guess I still feel like a beginner.

Latest posts

Back