Help with whitening this up?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAShillito

Reaction score
It's still a pale cream despite 4 tsp TD and 1/2 tsp white shimmery mica. Don't want to use lard at all. It's our frooty cereal soap. I added wsp's vcs as well to this batch. I put it in the frig after frosting so no gel Thank you!!

Attachments

• 20210701_212510.jpg
    20210701_212510.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210701_142059.jpg
    20210701_142059.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 36
Light olive oil is not pomace, and not EVOO. So normally it just says "olive oil." It may or may not have the word "light" on it, but it will be a light golden color instead of the deep greenish color of EVOO.

Costco has a 2-pack of regular (light) olive oil for a good price. Walmart does, as well, but independent studies showed that most of their OO brands were adulterated with other, cheaper oils.

Light olive oil is not pomace, and not EVOO. So normally it just says "olive oil." It may or may not have the word "light" on it, but it will be a light golden color instead of the deep greenish color of EVOO.

Costco has a 2-pack of regular (light) olive oil for a good price. Walmart does, as well, but independent studies showed that most of their OO brands were adulterated with other, cheaper oils.
Ah thank you! I appreciate the clarification!!!

Is this ok

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210703-195356_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210703-195356_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 16
I don't have any experience with that brand, but since the only ingredient listed is olive oil, it should be fine. It's definitely the lighter color that you want. If you end up using this, let us know how it works for you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back