Help with wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pghsoapgirl

Reaction score
I found an entire big box of wax melts I made a few years ago and put them aside because they didn't throw the scent when melted. Am I amble to melt them back down, add some additional fragrance? It makes me sad to have to waste that much wax and hard work.

Depends - how much scent did you originally add? Wax will only hold so much fragrance/additives before the structure begins to break, and leak out. So, you would need to know what type of wax it is, how much FO and other additives you added originally, and then how much FO and other additives that particular wax will hold, and that will tell you how much, if any, you can add.

It was so long ago and I'm not sure. One of my first attempts. I guess I'll experiment with a few and see. How will I tell if it has too much oil? Will the wax melts feel oily?

I usually cheat it. I will melt that sucker down and add more wax to it and add max fragrance to the new wax. Do not calculate the old wax because that scent load is done. Once you add scent to your wax, the wax won't hold anymore fragrance and you can't add more unless you add something to it like oil or more wax. Make it into a scoopable!

I usually cheat it. I will melt that sucker down and add more wax to it and add max fragrance to the new wax. Do not calculate the old wax because that scent load is done. Once you add scent to your wax, the wax won't hold anymore fragrance and you can't add more unless you add something to it like oil or more wax. Make it into a scoopable!
The OP for this thread hasn't been here for 4 months.

Latest posts

Back