help with sweet almond oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Almond Oil - Cosmetic Grade - Refined - 7/lbs. - ID # 87507SC ($2.6214/lb.)
7/lb. Plastic Bottle - Expeller Pressed - Carrier Oil - Emollient - Massage Oil
$18.35

Almond Oil - Sweet - Refined - Expeller Pressed - 7/lbs. ID # 91007SC ($3.48/lb.)
7/lb. Plastic Bottle - Expeller Pressed - Carrier Oil - Emollient - Prunus dulcis
$24.36

What's the difference? I normally purchase sweet almond oil from bb but went for soapers choice. The first is cheaper, and I wanted to get it. It doesn't say sweet almond, though, and I was confused on the difference. I got the second more expensive one.

Also, for 31.87 grand total for 7 lbs, 7 lbs doesn't look like much. Sure I've been paying 5-6 bucks plus shipping (5.25 is it??) from bb for 1 lb, but is this a good price? I love it over all soft oils.
I have a gallon equating 7 lbs of regular 100% veggie oil made from soybeans I get from Wal-Mart for frying up food, and it is so much cheaper, I began to second guess the price I paid. Then again, soybean oil is a lot cheaper than the nicer soft oils.....Thx!

I believe the more expensive one is considered "food grade". That is not to say it has been packaged for use as food, so I wouldn't say you should eat it!

They are both sweet almond oil.

The cosmetic grade is fine for soap and B&B products, just so you know for next time. It's one of my favorites, too.

Thx for the info! Suppose I'm a snob...instead of a higher olive and a smaller % specialty, I use higher specialty and smaller olive! I just don't like my soft oil olive dominant soaps as much.

I don't know if it's true but there have been conversations regarding the cosmetic grade not being 100% of that oil. I used the cosmetic grade avocado and didn't notice a vast difference but just thought I'd mention it. I can't speak personally so it's just hearsay. I still use cosmetic grade with no troubles.

So the prices are good, because I read so many good reviews I assumed they were about as good as it gets. I am much happier with the price ppo including shipping than the other 2 places I bought from prior.

I agree their prices are excellent in most cases. I purchase a lot from them except CO and Castor which I can get locally for the same price without shipping. Carolyn, I had heard the same with the Avocado....knew I heard it somewhere.

Back