Help with soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Grey

Reaction score
good morning everyone :) We are relocating to Florida (Orlando area) and I can’t figure out what the rules are for manufacturing soap from home! I know I don’t need a permit there because it’s actual soap from scratch, but what about setting up manufacturing at your home, in a room specifically for soap making, with a separate sink etc specifically for soap.? Can anyone enlighten me?? I am so confused and feeling slightly discouraged🥺
Thank you guys!!
😘
Greetings My name is Richard, Im in the Orlando area also. The thing is Im a Total newbie to soap making. I would love to learn some stuff from any that are willing ...I'd like to learn more on how to make great soaps and more about soap calc and of course ---Recipes!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for listening to me

Attachments

• 20210214_221937.jpg
    20210214_221937.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 28
Greetings My name is Richard, Im in the Orlando area also. The thing is Im a Total newbie to soap making. I would love to learn some stuff from any that are willing ...I'd like to learn more on how to make great soaps and more about soap calc and of course ---Recipes!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for listening to me
Take some time to read Beginners Learn to Soap Online. There's good information there plus recipes!!! ;)

Welcome! I would recommend that you take the time to figure out what you expect from your soap ie; I want a long lasting soap, I want a lot of lather etc.

Then start playing with a soap calculator. To get you started here is my go to recipe. Lard, coconut oil, palm oil, high oleic safflower oil, castor oil and the only additive that I use is sodium lactate. I use this recipe for 99% of my soaps.

If you research the ingredients that I listed and see why I use them. You will begin to get an idea of what each oil brings to your soap and from there you can decide what oils you want in your soap. A general guide for your ingredients would be a combination of soft oils and hard

There is a lot to learn and it can be overwhelming but I started with someone else's recipe and learned why they were using them and then I used the soap calculator and started substituting ingredients that fit my budget at the time and gave me the soap that I wanted.

Embrace your failures because they are your best learning tool.

Welcome! I would recommend that you take the time to figure out what you expect from your soap ie; I want a long lasting soap, I want a lot of lather etc.

Then start playing with a soap calculator. To get you started here is my go to recipe. Lard, coconut oil, palm oil, high oleic safflower oil, castor oil and the only additive that I use is sodium lactate. I use this recipe for 99% of my soaps.

If you research the ingredients that I listed and see why I use them. You will begin to get an idea of what each oil brings to your soap and from there you can decide what oils you want in your soap. A general guide for your ingredients would be a combination of soft oils and hard

There is a lot to learn and it can be overwhelming but I started with someone else's recipe and learned why they were using them and then I used the soap calculator and started substituting ingredients that fit my budget at the time and gave me the soap that I wanted.

Embrace your failures because they are your best learning tool.
My friend thanks sooo much! ...I will do all that you say ....I've been experimenting trying to learn how to use goats milk powder, but I am not having good success! :) ....Is there some guide that can help explain the Lard and stuff? Anyways thanks for even replying and for the guiding words much appreciated!

My friend thanks sooo much! ...I will do all that you say ....I've been experimenting trying to learn how to use goats milk powder, but I am not having good success! :) ....Is there some guide that can help explain the Lard and stuff? Anyways thanks for even replying and for the guiding words much appreciated!

I think your soaps look just lovely! Were you going for a partial gel look with the brown one? Are you looking to do more swirls and designs, or do you prefer to let those pretty krinkle cuts do all the heavy aesthetic lifting?

I made goat milk soap exactly once, it was my first soap, it was fresh goat milk, it also had honey and it was an unmitigated disaster of the highest order. It was so awful! Trying the 50/50 method with the goat milk powder is totally on my soapy list of things to do this year.

Latest posts

Back