Help with Soap Qualities

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lane

Reaction score
I am new to soapcalc... I have been messing with numbers and putting in old recipes to check their qualities. I am not sure what RANGES the numbers need to be in...

The qualities of my favorite recipe:
Hardness: 44
Cleansing: 23
Conditioning: 50
Bubbly: 27
Creamy: 26
Iodine: 55
INS: 150

Are these ok numbers?

If not, this is the recipe, what would I change?
Coconut Oil 20%
Palm Kernel Flakes 15%
Palm Oil 20%
Shea Butter 10%
Avocado Oil 9%
Sweet Almond Oil 10%
Canola Oil 10%
Castor Oil 6%

Thanks!!

hi there,

SoapCal recommends:

Hardness: 36-50
Cleansing: 14-22
Conditioning: 45-80
Bubbly: 14-33
Creamy: 14-33
INS: 145-165

hope it helps

Looks just fine to me. Really close to the numbers I use in my recipes, very close. With that much shea, this will be a decadent bar of soap. Try it like it is the numbers look fine, the INS is right where it should be. It will be a nice soap on the skin. Congratulations, I played for a year to get this kind of recipe. My recipes are just a tad higher in conditioning, and a few other points but not really that much. I jealous! :p :lol:

Paul... :wink:

NameThatCandy said:
hi there,

SoapCal recommends:

Hardness: 36-50
Cleansing: 14-22
Conditioning: 45-80
Bubbly: 14-33
Creamy: 14-33
INS: 145-165

hope it helps

Thank you! Those are the number ranges I was looking for :D

Soapmaker Man said:
Looks just fine to me. Really close to the numbers I use in my recipes, very close. With that much shea, this will be a decadent bar of soap. Try it like it is the numbers look fine, the INS is right where it should be. It will be a nice soap on the skin. Congratulations, I played for a year to get this kind of recipe. My recipes are just a tad higher in conditioning, and a few other points but not really that much. I jealous! :p :lol:

Paul... :wink:

Why thank you very much! Would you believe it, I have only been making soap since November 07... of course, I have made a 1 to 2 pound batch EVERY DAY since then... Haha. And as I posted in another chain... I've been eyeing those molds/cutters you make. They are so beautiful!

Back