Help with sea moss

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sauboon

Reaction score
Hi, I want to make cold press soap using the water that I soaked my sea moss in plus use the sea moss. Has anyone ever tried using the soaked water from sea moss?

I've made sea moss soap before but I've never done it the way you mentioned. the water used to soak the sea moss is to 1. clean it of sand and salt , 2. to re-hydrate the sea moss .
the process i use is to cook it to a jell and add the jell as a percentage of my water.
I've seen other soap makers run it through a food processor / blender with water after cleaning it and add that to their soap [ part of the water portion ].

I've made sea moss soap before but I've never done it the way you mentioned. the water used to soak the sea moss is to 1. clean it of sand and salt , 2. to re-hydrate the sea moss .
the process i use is to cook it to a jell and add the jell as a percentage of my water.
I've seen other soap makers run it through a food processor / blender with water after cleaning it and add that to their soap [ part of the water portion ].
Thank you!

Back