Help with ranking the most transparent MP bases?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono Hislop

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been researching which MP bases are the most transparent and I'd like to know what you've all tried.
It also seems like the more transparent you get, the less natural/organic the soap base is likely to be - especially so if price is considered too - so if anyone has struck a great in-between and has a favourite I'm all ears!

So far, Stephensons seems to stand out the most. Here is their product comparison list.
Earthwise clear base looks intruiging, as does Crafters choice premium extra clear

Heres a reference of the most impressive MP soap I have seen, which got me buzzing to experiment myself!

unnamed.png

Does the fragrance oil you use affect the clarity of the soap base? I’ve been using Stephenson crystal soap bases. But I seem to get cloudy bars after it sets

I am also looking for a clean but extremely transparent base. Has anyone tried the hemp base from Stephenson? They tell me its the cleanest and most transparent, but I haven't found many examples.

I use Wholesale Supplies Plus for their crystal clear. Much better price than Amazon. They also have a sampler of many M&P types.
https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/premium-crystal-clear-mp-soap-base-10-lb.aspx
I bought this one too. I used to have Stephenson's Crystal clear prior, and found it too crumbly if just cutting it (I sometimes make embeds for which I do not melt the soap, just cut it). The one from Wholesale Supplies lets me do this and it is more transparent as well.

Back