Help with math please, multiple infused oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to keep my soap as no artificial color so using infused olive oil for my colors. If I'm using multiple colors, what's the best way to split them? Should I divide my total batch by, let's say, 4 and make 4 different batches? Mix all the ingredients except for the infused oils then split that by 4 after weighing the mixed ingredients, then adding the OO to those? I know I'm probably making this harder than it should be but my brain is going back and forth on which is the easiest math part. If I mix first, do I chance mixing a wrong amount of infused oil to the rest of the batch and get wonkiness in the soap?

Holly of Kapia Mera has a fair number of YT videos where she uses infused oils; those might be helpful to watch. Other good resources are the e-books on natural colorants by Jo Haslauer. She lays out the math really well and also includes helpful techniques and tips for using a very wide variety of natural colorants.

As you noted, there are several ways to make this work. The key is finding the way that makes the most sense for your brain and your soaping style, including either of the ways you mentioned. Which way feels easier or less complicated to you, or less likely to cause you to make a mistake?

Latest posts

Back