Help with M&P

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Anne.m.

Reaction score
Hello from Owen Sound, Canada. I’ve just starting using melt and pour. I’m having some problems with colorants. If I use charcoal powder as an additive, why does it bleed?

Suzette

Reaction score
Hello from Owen Sound, Canada. I’ve just starting using melt and pour. I’m having some problems with colorants. If I use charcoal powder as an additive, why does it bleed?
Hello Anne.m.!
I’m always hesitant to respond as I am new to soaping as well. I have had the same problem and have stopped using it altogether. It didn’t matter how much I used it always bled. I now just use dark micas to get the color I need. I’m sure others have much better input to help, but I thought I would say hi!

Anne.m.

Reaction score
Hello Anne.m.!
I’m always hesitant to respond as I am new to soaping as well. I have had the same problem and have stopped using it altogether. It didn’t matter how much I used it always bled. I now just use dark micas to get the color I need. I’m sure others have much better input to help, but I thought I would say hi!
Point taken. Do you think I should wait until first layer has hardened a bit more, before adding next layer?

Suzette

Reaction score
Point taken. Do you think I should wait until first layer has hardened a bit more, before adding next layer?
I never actually tried that given how bad the bleeding was, I just gave up. I would try it with a small mold to see how it goes so you don’t have a big ruined batch. I really hope it goes well for you!

Latest posts