Help with labels please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likeablelady

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am trying to make some labels for my ball canning jars. I have printshop 4, but they don't support the OLD labels I have. Any sugesstions on how to make 2 1/2 inch round labels that I can design myself? I checked out the Avery Design and Print, but you have to print the same design on the full shet of labels. (mine have 9 per page) The old number for them Avery 3113. Sure would like to get some printed. I have products waiting for them. Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,
I am trying to make some labels for my ball canning jars. I have printshop 4, but they don't support the OLD labels I have. Any sugesstions on how to make 2 1/2 inch round labels that I can design myself? I checked out the Avery Design and Print, but you have to print the same design on the full shet of labels. (mine have 9 per page) The old number for them Avery 3113. Sure would like to get some printed. I have products waiting for them. Thanks in advance.
Avery should work, you usually have the option to edit all or edit one on their online program (which is what I've used for bath bomb labels including round ones).

You can put your logo, weight etc on all of them, then click edit one to change the scent (or other unique thing).

You can also usually download the Microsoft Word template, then open it in publisher and it's much easier to edit. Hopefully that works for you!

Avery should work, you usually have the option to edit all or edit one on their online program (which is what I've used for bath bomb labels including round ones).

You can put your logo, weight etc on all of them, then click edit one to change the scent (or other unique thing).

You can also usually download the Microsoft Word template, then open it in publisher and it's much easier to edit. Hopefully that works for you!

My question is does it print the design on all the labels when just editing one? Wouldn't you have o hand write the other information on them then?
My question is does it print the design on all the labels when just editing one? Wouldn't you have o hand write the other information on them then?

I don't have Microsoft Office or Word. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get open office for free

I wish I saw this post before I bit the bullet and bought a monthly subscription for Microsoft Office 365. :-? It's a small monthly fee. At least you get all the office programs in it.
I appreciate all the suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't have Microsoft Office or Word. :(
You can edit just one label at a time, so they could each be completely different. Or you could leave some blank if you just wanted to print what you need right now. I often print a sheet of bath bomb labels with multiple fragrances.

You can select how many labels to print and where to start printing on Avery Design and Print. Click the "Preview and Print" button and the the "Print It Yourself" button. That will take you to the window you need. You can make the selection to the right by choosing "Print From".

You can select how many labels to print and where to start printing on Avery Design and Print. Click the "Preview and Print" button and the the "Print It Yourself" button. That will take you to the window you need. You can make the selection to the right by choosing "Print From".

Even if editing ONE label, don't you have to print the whole sheet with the design? I would like to print one label at a time.... leaving all the others blank.

What kchaystack said. You can choose which label to start at and which one to finish the print, (example--Print from (9) to (10).

If you have a laser printer, you really have to do an entire sheet at once. Running the same page through the heat of the printer will mess up the sticky on the labels.

Latest posts

Back