Quantcast

help with FO selection

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

raingarden

Reaction score
Hi,

I am fairly new to this forum, and must admit I am definitely having trouble figuring out how to use it. I guess I am a bit challenged as far as this goes. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has used either the Olive Blossom, the Fall Foliage, or the Fall Harvest FOs from Sweetcakes. I am trying to join the Soap Scent Review Board, but nave not been accepted yet, and my friend wants me to make soap for her daughter's babby shower in mid October. I really need to get it done in the next week or two so it will be cured enough. Any input would be appreciated.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used both Olive Blossom and Fall Foliage, but in MP so I don't personally have CP experience with them. They both smelled good - Fall Foliage had an earthy quality to it.

A quick check on the soap scent review board: 2 reviews for Olive Blossom; one reported acceleration and one reported scent morphed.

For Fall Harvest there were 4 reviews: Scent is like a spiced apple cider. 1 of the 4 reported acceleration, the other 3 had no problems. Discolors to a caramel color. Scent stuck well, and all 4 seemed to like it.

Hope this helps. There was nothing there about Fall Foliage.

raingarden

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch. Any input is helpful. I submitted my info to the SSRB and am waiting to hear from them. Did it take long for you to gain access?

not_ally

Reaction score
It does seem to be tricky sometimes. I know part of it for some of us is that we use non-regular emails - I used my Time Warner one, which I don't use for anything else - and you have to check it and make sure you respond to to the confirming email. But it is worth it.

galaxyMLP

SPONSOR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is very worth it as NA says. I was having some difficulty but it turns out that was on my end. Just make sure the email you use actually gets mail. Test it with another email. I know mine for some reason stopped working so I had to register with another account!

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it took a few days for her to get back to me. I don't know how long you've been waiting, but it's a great resource.

raingarden

Reaction score
Good to know Dibbles. I just have to be patient. Not one of my stronger qualities, LOL.