Help with FO: Oatmeal, Milk & Honey ORIGINAL Fragrance Oil 105 by Crafters Choice (WSP)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LynetteO

Reaction score
I purchased Oatmeal, Milk & Honey ORIGINAL Fragrance Oil 105 from Wholesale supply plus based on the over 700 positive reviews. I have a 4oz bottle! Once cooked in my CP šŸ§¼, I donā€™t like it & neither does anyone in my household.
Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions as to a mix to help me use this FO & have end result not smell like fake cherries?! šŸ›‘šŸ’? TIA šŸ˜Š

Last edited:
I purchased Oatmeal, Milk & Honey ORIGINAL Fragrance Oil 105 from Wholesale supply plus based on the over 700 positive reviews. I have a 4oz bottle! Once cooked in my CP šŸ§¼, I donā€™t like it & neither does anyone in my household.
Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions as to a mix to help me use this FO & have end result not smell like fake cherries?! šŸ›‘šŸ’? TIA šŸ˜Š
You could try mixing it with a coffee, expresso, mocha, or chocolate FO. They are all strong and can help tone down the cherries or the almonds, which tend to be the things that some people don't like about various OMH scents. You can also search for Irish Lass' OMH blend; I believe she recommends an FO called Milk Sugar Kisses to be mixed in.

I have used that fragrance, and I remember it has an off scent, chemical like. However, over time, once fully cured, the weird note was gone, and then it smelled nice. I switched to Nature's Garden Oatmeal milk and hone though, and I mix it with Crafter's choice Honey FO (former name is honey formulator)

Ugh! I hate that maraschino cherry smell that so many Oatmeal, Milk and Honey FO's have. It drove me up the wall when I was on the hunt for an OMH FO back in the day (wasted more money than I desired). I wanted my soap to smell like oatmeal, milk and honey, dagnabit.....not maraschino cherries! LOL

I see on the WSP site that the FO in question also has almond in it.......there's your cherry culprit right there (almond scent components smell just like maraschino cherries). I have no experiential advice as how to what other FO might be able to mix with it so that the FO smells more in tune with what an oatmeal/milk/ and honey scent, because almond is so overpowering and has some pretty strong staying power. The best you can do is use something that would complement the cherry scent. The suggestions that AliOop made sound really good!

Like AliOop said, I make my own blend of Oatmeal Milk and Honey out of 2 different FO's. It smells just like it sounds and soaps beautifully........and all without a cherry in sight! lol

FO #1 is Oregon Trails Oatmeal Milk and Honey FO, which has no almond component in it, but it ends up smelling more on the gingerbread-y side of things in my soap than OMH. And FO #2 is Daystar's Milk Sugar KissesFO, which smells like sweetened condensed milk. On a hunch one day, I mixed the two together and a miracle occurred.....I finally found the perfect OMH FO that really smells just like its name (at least according to me and others who have tried it). I use more of the Milk Sugar Kisses FO than the OMH FO (I don't have the ratios handy at the moment but I can get them if you are interested).

IrishLass :)

This gives me some gr8 šŸ‘ƒinformation to work with, šŸ™ Thank You šŸ˜Š In effort to use what I already own, I think Iā€™ll try a mix of šŸ« & ā˜•ļø šŸ˜‹ If/when go to buy more FO will either go for mixology magic that @IrishLass recommends or BBā€™s OMH recommend by @The_Phoenix.

Back