Help with displaying my payment sign

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
Since I have a cricut, I figure I'll take advantage of it and create a pay sign of acrylic to display my venmo, paypal, and cashapp qr codes for payment for my customers. I have an 8x12 inch piece of acrylic. I'm trying to figure out the best way to display the sign.

I'd rather not put it on a table because it takes up space. But I'm worried that hanging it from anywhere in my tent will damage it quick. I thought about maybe getting a metal frame for it, but I'm having trouble finding one that will fit this size of sign so now I'm debating on buying a new one at Lowes that's 8x10. But there still comes the problem of hanging it. If I have them drill holes in the top, doesn't that increase the chance of it cracking? Not to mention that the bars on the tent bend up towards the center at an angle causing it not to be an easy way to display it.

I need suggestions.

What do you think?
Scan to Pay.png

By metal frame at Lowes do you mean a solid piece of metal on which to put your cricut design?
I have an older cricut (that I only bought to use for Mardi Gras throws) and I've only used vinyl, so I have no experience with acrylics. But the vinyl would be problematic with the intricacies of QR codes. The newer technology may be much better.
Anyway, I'm thinking that you could measure your tent poles and have Lowes drill 2 holes at the top and 2 holes at the bottom of the sheet of metal based on your measurement. Then use zip ties to tightly secure the sign to one of your front tent poles for easy customer access, and snip them off at the end of the day to take the sign down. An easy (although perhaps a less aesthetically pleasing) alternative would be to print your payment sign / laminate it / and punch the holes yourself.

More like a literal frame. There are all kinds of acrylic signs with qr codes on etsy. I see no reason why I can't do it myself, I'm just trying to find a way that works. Most of them are acrylic signs that sit on holders on tables.

Do you have a checkout station or area in your table where you process payments?
I have hung laminated credit card signs (prior to QR codes) off the table itself, so they didn’t use table space but hung in the front. If your tables don’t have raisers this might be too low though, and perhaps inconvenient for shoppers to scan.

I’m no help at all but I LOVE ❤️ the sign. Truly! I’ll freely admit that I’d stop to look immediately because of your sign! I too have a cricut & know what it takes to design, cut & crate it! 👏🎉🥇I’m assuming you don’t want to use a fancy easel due to taking up room on a table. However, if that’s not the case, these look pretty enough for your gorgeous sign: (2 Pack) Iron Display Stand, Black Iron Easel Plate Display Photo Holder Stand, Displays Picture Frames, Cookbooks, Decorative Plates, Tablets and Art 10 Inch https://a.co/d/cRIIknZ

Ahhh, I reread your original post and now I understand that you have a piece of acrylic to which you intend to apply the cricut design for your sign. Somehow my brain went to "Wow...they have acrylic sheets for cricut now? Wonder how that works.."
My original thoughts about the intricate design of QR codes remain. Granted I may not be all that talented with my cricut, but I have used it for years now and the blocking/weeding of your sign (not even to mention the transfer onto another surface to get all the little squiggles in place) makes me shudder with nope vibes. My time and sanity are worth more than the prices of signs on Etsy, so I would gleefully pay for someone to make one for me.
Of course you could do it yourself. If you have the time and patience, that's fantastic and I wish you the best of luck. Your design is very nice.

Back to your original dilemma...Maybe take it to Lowes/Ace/Home Depot and ask it they can drill holes without compromising the integrity of the sign? If so, you could use different lengths of ribbon or twine to adjust for the angles of the tent to allow the sign to hang horizontally.

Last edited:
Can you cut the piece of acrylic down to 8x10 before transferring the design onto it? That is a standard frame size and can be found for low prices at the Dollar Store, thrift stores, etc. Then you can run picture-hanging wire, or fishing line, through inexpensive frame hooks installed on the back.

Another option to consider would be Command Strips. You should be able to use those to hang or install the frame (or frameless piece of acrylic) from one of your tent walls, or one of the tent poles. If you used a solid color backing on the acrylic, and then contrasting print on the piece which is adhered to the front, it would create a dimensional look and also hide the Command Strips that would be on the back.

Do you have a checkout station or area in your table where you process payments?
I have hung laminated credit card signs (prior to QR codes) off the table itself, so they didn’t use table space but hung in the front. If your tables don’t have raisers this might be too low though, and perhaps inconvenient for shoppers to scan.
No, I don't.

20220818_151012.jpg

So this is the current sign. I still need to add a couple things like the qr codes. It's most definitely not perfect, but its my first time doing something like this. I have to say that oracal brand vinyl is way better than cricut brand vinyl. Much easier to weed (take the tiny pieces out of the vinyl design), and it sticks to both the cricut transfer tape and the acrylic sign betterr, and is cheaper.

That looks great! If you position some Command Strips behind the large black rectangle, they couldn’t be seen from the front. Then you could try to hang it in different places around your booth till you find the spot that works best for your set up.

Command Strips work great inside my home, except when near high humidity, as I found out this week when. My new electric tea kettle creates enough moisture to make a picture attached with Command strips to fall off the wall twice this week.

So my concern with using Command strips to hang a sign on a tent wall would be how humid is the location? I recall my time outdoors in Louisiana as being humid much of the time.

Command does make water-resistant strips, so I'll be looking for those next since I've had pictures fall off the wall in by bathroom as well. I have never really seen the ones that say 'bathroom' in the stores where I shop, but I did find them on Amazon, as well as "Outdoor" water-resistant Command Strips. I think the outdoor version might be the more logical choice for hanging something outside, like at a market.

Command Strips work great inside my home, except when near high humidity, as I found out this week when. My new electric tea kettle creates enough moisture to make a picture attached with Command strips to fall off the wall twice this week.

So my concern with using Command strips to hang a sign on a tent wall would be how humid is the location? I recall my time outdoors in Louisiana as being humid much of the time.

Command does make water-resistant strips, so I'll be looking for those next since I've had pictures fall off the wall in by bathroom as well. I have never really seen the ones that say 'bathroom' in the stores where I shop, but I did find them on Amazon, as well as "Outdoor" water-resistant Command Strips. I think the outdoor version might be the more logical choice for hanging something outside, like at a market.
Humidity was sky high the past two weekends lol. If you live here, you know August and September. Last weekend I came home with my shoes and feet covered in mud from the rain and location of the market. Today wasn't too bad at the market and the rain waited until the moment I drove away lol. I got wet but no mud this time.

The sticky blue tack stuff works ok, I have it on the bottom of my little price signs. Not sure the command strips would work considering the intensity of the humidity in this area. My husband says that you could swim to work during the summer.

Yeah, I do like the Command Strips, but until I try the water resistant one's I would not recommend them for outdoors in high humidity, expecially with the way some places (Illinois, Florida, Louisiana, just to name a few) that rain so much in the summertime.

It's sort of funny. I lived in California for the first 56 years of my life, where it rarely rained in the summer & when it did, just barely, so when I moved here it was a shock to me that summertime is a real rainy season. I knew we had states that have summertime rains and had experienced them, but had never lived in one until I was 56. Living it and only experiencing it while on vacation are two entirely different experiences. :cool:

Yeah, I do like the Command Strips, but until I try the water resistant one's I would not recommend them for outdoors in high humidity, expecially with the way some places (Illinois, Florida, Louisiana, just to name a few) that rain so much in the summertime.

It's sort of funny. I lived in California for the first 56 years of my life, where it rarely rained in the summer & when it did, just barely, so when I moved here it was a shock to me that summertime is a real rainy season. I knew we had states that have summertime rains and had experienced them, but had never lived in one until I was 56. Living it and only experiencing it while on vacation are two entirely different experiences. :cool:
I'll say. I worked in the hotel industry nearly 20 years, 10 of it in New Orleans. Guests always talk about how wonderful it is. Yeah, well, it's completely different living there and vacationing there. The hardest thing is the weather.

Back