Help with colouring and swirling, please.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody

Reaction score
What is the best way to colour and swirl soap? I have been reading up on it and it seems like there are several ways. I received a bunch of used soap making materials and there are dyes in the box but I don't know how to use them. I assume they are for soap but there was also make-up making supplies like lip balms and such.

Hey Jody,

I would recommend talking to Voyageur to see what the colourants are and if they are appropriate for soapmaking - not all of them are. I'm still learning how to swirl so I can't help teach you how to do that.... :?

I tried swirling with a batch tonight. I coloured part with Tumeric so we'll see how that goes. I just poured the plain soap in the mold then put the coloured soap on top and ran a skewer throught it a few times. Fingers crossed.

s

i don't believe there is such a thing as a bad swirl! they all are beautiful and unique in their own way! i want to try my hand at the "funnel" swirl. someone posted some really great pics, but cant find the thread! (sigh!)

Re: s

heartsong said:
i don't believe there is such a thing as a bad swirl! they all are beautiful and unique in their own way! i want to try my hand at the "funnel" swirl. someone posted some really great pics, but cant find the thread! (sigh!)

I remember those, AbFab!

Here is the link to Soapmaker Man's Funnel Swirl.

Latest posts

Back