Help with choosing a tried and true fo for cp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raingarden

Reaction score
I need to make a soap for a Fall themed baby shower. I want the bar to end up a cream color and I am adding dried calendula petals. Any non floral suggestions that won't accellerate trace? I am planning to wrap the bars with a raffia bow with a mini fall leaf tag attached. Was thinking something figgy or ginger:confused:.

I need to make a soap for a Fall themed baby shower. I want the bar to end up a cream color and I am adding dried calendula petals. Any non floral suggestions that won't accellerate trace? I am planning to wrap the bars with a raffia bow with a mini fall leaf tag attached. Was thinking something figgy or ginger:confused:.

Candle Science has a really nice fig FO, it is called Mediterranean Fig. Well rated on the SSRB w/r/t behavior/sticking. My FO chart notes below.

"[FONT=&quot]Really like this. Mixed w/BB Champagne at around 80-85 MF to Champagne, ended up warm, slightly fruity, slightly floral, not too sweet. Great unisex scent. No A, not sure about D as I colored. Also great price, $16/lb.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]

Last edited:
I just made a batch with Fragrancebuddy's White Tea & Ginger that turned out pretty nice. Didn't accelerate at all and had plenty of time to swirl. I did add a little TD to the uncolored portion just to make sure the gold mica didn't disappear.

IMG_1095[1].jpg

I just made a batch with Fragrancebuddy's White Tea & Ginger that turned out pretty nice. Didn't accelerate at all and had plenty of time to swirl. I did add a little TD to the uncolored portion just to make sure the gold mica didn't disappear.

That is some beautiful soap - just perfect.

Not Ally, back when I tried making candles, Mediterranean Fig was hands down my favorite FO I used. Never thought about Candle Science for soap FOs. I'll have to remember that!

I love both of those selections! They are so well behaved in soap no acceleration or discoloration, and they both hold the scent very well.

I also meant to add that I just received some White Ginger and Amber FO from Brambleberry. I haven't used it yet, but the reviews were all very positive, and it smells wonderful. I've also just used BB's Champagne. That soaped perfectly with no issues, and is a strong and very festive scent.

Candle Science has a really nice fig FO, it is called Mediterranean Fig. Well rated on the SSRB w/r/t behavior/sticking. My FO chart notes below.

"[FONT=&quot]Really like this. Mixed w/BB Champagne at around 80-85 MF to Champagne, ended up warm, slightly fruity, slightly floral, not too sweet. Great unisex scent. No A, not sure about D as I colored. Also great price, $16/lb.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]
Thanks, I'll check it out!

Yikes. The Mediterranean fig looks awesome except that it is not Phthalate free. Trying to stay away from that in my products. Still open for more recommendations. I used to use Ginger fig from SC, but they discontinued it. I was so warm and yummy.

OO, don't you love the nice, easy, sticky ones? Would that they were all that way:)

Dibbles, I'm not sure w/o checking, I think CS is one of the places that has historically done candle scents in the past but has been really good about checking on whether their scents are skin safe. They've changed a lot of them recently b/f of IFRA regulations. Which kind of sucks, I really wanted one of the ones that is no longer soap rated! I'm glad they are so careful, though. Also, re: BB's Champagne, it is kind of the perfect fizzy, lightening blender. But really strong, and sticks like a monster, I am pretty careful using it in blends b/c it will take everything else over otherwise :)

ETA: Sorry, rain garden, I did not think to check that. I am OK w/using those FOs - OMG, I have so many other things that I actually ingest that are bad for me - but understand why you might not be.

ETA again: I like White Tea and Ginger - I think it is one of those scents that most people do, it is just sort of a pleasant, unobjectionable scent, not meaning to **** with faint praise - but they are all fairly light. I like strong scents, and know that is not the case w/everyone, but that is one where I think it is best to go heavier. BB and PFO are my favorite White Tea and Gingers, but not sure if they are both Ph. free.

Last edited:
There are a couple of Candle Science fragrances that used to be Phthalate free and now contain Phtalates. I also try to not purchase fo with Phthalates, and have to reconsider two that have Phtalates, and the Mediterranean Fig is one of them.

Latest posts

Back