Help with best pricing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprice522

Reaction score
I am looking to get some beeswax (lotion bars) and Citric acid (bombs) and wondered what is a good price for things? I am not looking in huge volumes, just to make for fun with my kids and to give to family. I have other stuff already due to being a soaper.

I just want to make sure that I am not over paying...

I tend to just amazon on things...I did that for the poly80 that I recently got and hope I didn’t over pay...

I am in Indiana, so if buying from a website, shipping from a faraway location could be jacking up the price.

I would love guidance please!

I get citric acid from makeyourown.com. Shipping is separate but if you are getting it from amazon it is worth checking out. Wholesalesuppliesplus.com offers free shipping over $25 but they charge a handling fee and shipping can be longer than amazon.
Brambleberry also sells it, not sure about their pricing though. If you are used to amazon 2 day delivery though, the shipping is very different with these other stores.

I am looking to get some beeswax (lotion bars) and Citric acid (bombs) and wondered what is a good price for things? I am not looking in huge volumes, just to make for fun with my kids and to give to family. I have other stuff already due to being a soaper.

Unfortunately, a 'good price' is subjective given shipping charges. As an example...1 lb of Beeswax at Rustic Escentuals is $9.25, $11.99 on Amazon, $11.35 at BrambleBerry, $10.95 at Be Scented, $8.99 at Elements Bath & Body and $11.00 at Shay & Company. Elements is clearly cheaper, but shipping is $12.85 for a total of $21.84. And it's much the same with RE, BB and BS. Shay & Co is local to me...insofar is that it's an hour round-trip from where I work, but for the extra $0.99, it's cheaper via Prime.

All I can suggest is that you shop around and look for a place that gives you the best total price on the ingredients that you are wanting to buy.

I get my citric from Amazon - Millard’s if I’m not ordering from any other company for supplies and my beeswax is from a local apiary. I’ve bought beeswax online before and it came over processed a couple times :(

Back