Help with bath bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazycaz

Reaction score
Hi all

I have recently started to perfect a recipe for making bath bombs. I have done research and looked at the type of bomb I want to create but I am really struggling to get it right. I have tried so much but it's not how I want it to be..

I want them to fizz but foam and for bursts of colour to come out and create art in the bath. I see others that have the ingredients I use and the bath just looks so foamy and colouful

I am using the following

Bicarb 100g
Citric acid 50g
Slsa 25g
Cream of tarter 10g
Fragrance oil 3ml
Almond oil 2 ml
Polysorbate 80 1ml
Water soluble powered dyes
Whitch hazel to mix with the dyes

I also have vegtable glycerine
Diproprypol glycol

I have played around with this recipe so much but I just cant get it...
Please send help, I have spent a fortune on ingredients trying to perfect it.

Thank you so much.

As for getting the bursts of color, for that you will have to make embeds.
I made embeds too. I'm still finding that the colours comes out nice but then they just go nowhere, like white colour. I have attached a picture.thanks for your reply.x

Attachments

• DSC_1422_2.JPG
    DSC_1422_2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Is the pink your embed? The one's I've seen has literally been embedded inside the bomb and are generally just baking soda and citric acid for the embeds.

I'm seeing streaks of color, is the issue that it doesn't travel? For your embeds, are you using a different ratio of baking soda to citric acid? Or is it just not enough color? I also notice that it looks like you are using a huge amount of SLSA. That could be affecting the look of the foam.

Is the pink your embed? The one's I've seen has literally been embedded inside the bomb and are generally just baking soda and citric acid for the embeds.
The yellow you can see is the embed, however I made them out of the same ingredients as I was so confused how a different ratio of ingredients would effect my cpsr x

I'm seeing streaks of color, is the issue that it doesn't travel? For your embeds, are you using a different ratio of baking soda to citric acid? Or is it just not enough color? I also notice that it looks like you are using a huge amount of SLSA. That could be affecting the look of the foam.
Yes the colour isnt travelling like I would like it to (picture of what I am trying to achieve). I thought with slsa being a foaming agent that the more I used the better it would be, however it's so expensive To buy isnt it. Embeds have just been made using the same recipe because I was worried a differnt recipe would effect my cpsr. thanks for helping me x

Attachments

• c68e0e4b4789aeec204d2a742dc4eaf5.jpg
    c68e0e4b4789aeec204d2a742dc4eaf5.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 12
I'm confused, you have a CPSR but you don't have a recipe that does what you want?

Any changes in your recipe will mean your assessment will need to be redone so it kind of makes sense to start again imo.

I'm confused, you have a CPSR but you don't have a recipe that does what you want?

Any changes in your recipe will mean your assessment will need to be redone so it kind of makes sense to start again imo.
I dont have cspr. I wasnt sure how having embeds with differnt recipes would work for my cspr report when I apply for it x

Sorry I misunderstood. Have a look on Edens Secret on YouTube she gives her bath bomb recipe.

Regarding the embed and CPSR, it will depend if the have a separate fragrance I think.

Sorry I misunderstood. Have a look on Edens Secret on YouTube she gives her bath bomb recipe.

Regarding the embed and CPSR, it will depend if the have a separate fragrance I think.
That's ok. I will take a look at her thank you for your help x

Latest posts

Back