Help with bath bombs!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans4reezy

Reaction score
I don't get it. I've made bath bombs before with no problems, but now, I am just not having any luck! I've been up for hours and its the same issue, batch after batch, the two haves won't stick together.

My recipe is simple, 1 cup of baking soda, half a cup of citric acid, coloring and fragrance. I'm using the plastic molds? But they do look dingy and used up; not sure if the molds ate the culprit.

Please help. I have an order I need to fill and I'm freaking out that this isn't working.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I don't get it. I've made bath bombs before with no problems, but now, I am just not having any luck! I've been up for hours and its the same issue, batch after batch, the two haves won't stick together.

My recipe is simple, 1 cup of baking soda, half a cup of citric acid, coloring and fragrance. I'm using the plastic molds? But they do look dingy and used up; not sure if the molds ate the culprit.
Possibly a change in humidity in the environment you're working in. Possibly a change in fineness of the powder of the citric acid.

Does the process rely on pressure between the molds of the two halves? If that's the case, then I could see wear on the molds as the problem.

I never use a two piece mold anymore. I use a decorative individual soap molds. I use coca butter in my bath fizzies, and sometimes clay. That helps them hold together. I have posted a video on making no-fail bathbombs on this forum several times. You might take a look at it.

Possibly a change in humidity in the environment you're working in. Possibly a change in fineness of the powder of the citric acid.

Does the process rely on pressure between the molds of the two halves? If that's the case, then I could see wear on the molds as the problem.

I am using a different type of citric acid - the one from Walmart. This might be the problem too. :thumbdown:

I will give it another try tonight.

Thanks to all! I figured it out. The mixture wasn't wet enough and the molds weren't packed firmly enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Back