Help with Adding Photos to Media

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

kaysejean

Reaction score
Hello all. I hope I didn't miss something already addressing this, but I didn't find anything when I searched. I think I have something odd happening when I try to add photos of my soaps to the Media section. I am trying to create some albums, and add my soapy pictures to them. Unfortunately when I try, I only have the option to add videos to my albums?
However, if i click the add to site category option, then the picture option comes up. Is this how its supposed to work? Since i see other people's albums with their photos, i assume not.

What am I doing wrong?Site Category.jpg Album.jpg

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to create your own albums, you don't want to add to a site category. You want to add to an album, which you will create. Here is how:

A. 1. Select 'An album' (instead of A site category)
2. Use the drop down box

Media Albums_001.JPG

Media Albums_002.JPG

B. 1. Give your album a title

2. Create the album (click the Create album button)
Media Albums_003.JPG

C. Open your folder by clicking on 'Your albums'

Media Albums_004.JPG

From there you can upload photo from your computer or image hosting site.

EllieMae

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but I'm having the same issue as the OP and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I was able to create my own album but am only being given the option to embed a video. No upload photo option. Any ideas?

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
This site does not allow videos to be uploaded. You can share a link or embed the link.

EllieMae

Reaction score
This site does not allow videos to be uploaded. You can share a link or embed the link.
I’m actually just trying to add some photos to a newly created album in media, but there isn’t a photo option for me. Just “embed video” (see SS below). This was from the mobile site but I have the same issue on the full/desktop site.
7FDE9562-1D35-47AB-8779-9453737586E0.jpeg

Kcryss

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have created an album and attempted to upload 3 times. Everything seems to go through just fine, but still showing that I have not added media.

This is what it shows, after hitting save media, it goes to the screen showing no media has been added. The pic I'm uploading is less then 1.5 mb.

upload_2020-1-30_14-0-34.png

Last edited:

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Give it a try now. An upgrade had not automatically upgraded.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Kathy, one has to be here a few days and make a few posts before Media works well for them. We had people come and just spam the media and not participate, so we put this limit.

Ladka

Reaction score
I noticed that my photos are labelled as private only/ only the author can see them, and I would like them to be public. Where can I do this?

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ladka I am able to see your photos. Nice soapies! It looked like your album is set so photos are public, but only you can add to it.