help with a avocado butter/oil recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
I've been playing on soap calc tip I'm blue in the face trying to come up with something that,er, floats my boat.Lord knows I've got every oil in the house...I was doing the usual trio with palm coconut and olive and the bubbly seems low and the conditioning which I hoped to be over the top is, well, as someone here on the forum likes to say, meh!Any suggestions?

I know that people must get sick of me talking about lard (and I'm sure you've already seen posts about it) I have to say it though, it really is v. conditioning, and produces a hard, light colored bar w/nice, if not explosive lather that you can boost in other ways. Have you tried a high lard soap yet?

Funny..I try to please the vegans and the orangutan people all the time..I'm using a lard olive oil combo I made months ago right now and I can't say enough good about it...not the most bubbly but love the way it makes my skin feel. Let me punch in lard into soap calc and see if I get some numbers I like....

You guys must have a hard time trying to be all things to all people. My "basic" recipe is 60-70% lard, w/the balance being olive, coconut and castor. Coconut for the castor to work alongside for bubbles, and the olive b/c there seems to be synergy in using even fairly low numbers of it w/lard.

I do add other "standard" things that seem to boost bubbles/conditioning, at least for me. Full aloe for water sub for lather and conditioning, sugar solution (50% strength) at 1TB/ppo, SL and EDTA (I add them for other things, but they allegedly help w/the lather) and coconut milk powder at full strength, again, I like the conditioning and the *kind* of lather it generates, medium-ish sized bubbles but consistent and sort of loosely fluffy, if that makes sense.

Lather is a many-splendored thing, but it is kind of a tough nut to crack. Ie; finding the right mix/addictives to balance adding conditioning and bubbly oils/SF percentages/type of lather, etc. I am not a lather fanatic, thank goodness, it would make the addiction/testing process that much worse and it is bad enough already :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back