help. why is this happening?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golden Wax 464
Partially Hydrogenated Soybean oil with mono & diglycerides added.

Our Preferred wax. Easy to use. Professional grade GW 464 soy wax is a hydrogenated soy oil and contains a soy-based additive. It is both natural and kosher. The soy-based additive enables the soy to be poured at a hotter temperature (around 75 C) helping to reduce frosting and increasing FO percentage (fragrance oil)

GW464 - Easiest of the waxes to use and is our recommendation. Has a lower melt point which helps with the burn and gives better glass adhesion. Suitable for container candles, tealights and clam shell melts. Not suitable for moulds.
This wax does not require the addition of any other additives
Is formaldehyde free, natural, not organic, not food grade

Pour Temp: 65-80 C
Melt Point: 46-49 C
FO Load: 8%-10%

@Quanta Thank you for taking the time to post these examples, they're super useful.
You're welcome! I still keep meaning to experiment with the GW 415 some more to see if I can make it form the strange crystals that some people get with other waxes. It's basically the same as 464 but without candle additives. I want to see how important the additives are, or is a good hydrogenation percentage good enough.

Back