HELP! whipped soap scrubs and whipped body butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenJ

Reaction score
Hi ya’ll so tell me temperatures and humidity plays a huge factor with the whipping correct ?

Im having issues tonight.
so I’ve been using the same formula and technique in the last year and the same thing keeps happening.
Some days I can get it to whip up so nicely with the perfect, consistency and weight.
Then the next batch consistency will be so off and the weight is so off.

Today is one of those bad days. Can anyone tell me what the cause may be?

My guess would be the humidity was affecting the finished product if you are using the same recipe and procedures. It pays to take exact notes of every ingredient, weights, temperatures, procedures and humidity for each batch until you can spot the variable.

I had the same problem when I made whipped body butter last week. It's hot these days but I never have a humidity problem. I ended up putting it in the fridge for about 20 min to cool it down a bit then it whipped up fine. Once I had it all jarred I put those in the fridge overnight. Now they're the right consistency at room temp. Sorry I can't help you with a humidity issue as AZ just doesn't have any unless we're in the middle of a monsoon storm, lol.

Back