Help! When to unfold PVC mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think good hygiene and ventilation are important too as you said before. Good luck with your experiments.

I was amazed at your American cheese!!! We don't add colour to our cheese here and it was a shock to see yours. Don't know why they bother adding it. I don't find orange cheese at all enticing but some Americans must. I thought it was interesting that there didn't seem to be a choice for uncoloured in the small range of supermarkets we went to while visiting unless you bought tasteless edam or swiss I think. We have some lovely strong and bitey tasty cheese that is pale, pale, pale butter colour.
I am lucky enough to have food grade sanitizer on tap in my studio so everything gets cleaned top to bottom regularly. It also allows me to start each batch with sanitized tools and equipment. While I'm not a fan of any sanitation in my home besides steam, when producing anything for the public i feel its critical. With everything i do i'v never had a heath complaint or problem, no foods going bad quick, no spread of any sickness, From watching youtube a lot of soapers for themselves and people who produce to sell really need to improve on this. I was watching one and the woman panned from her counter to the table and her house was FULL of garbage, the only clear spots were the one on her counter and the one on her table, floors everything. She sells a TUN of soap around her reign, and i would not step foot in that house let alone use soap on my body from it. IDK maybe I'm extreme but cleanliness when dealing with stuff even if your just giving it away is important.

Yes "american cheese" is unfortunately aptly named and not something i eat. some americans like their cheese as orange as the President and thats just not for me lol. I live in artisan cheese country in vermont with wonderful cheeses around every turn, and one of the few places raw milk is legal in the states. We should do a funky cheese exchange!

Back