HELP!! Wax melts going wrong

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lea2021

Reaction score
Hi I’m new to trying to make wax melts and I had a play around using soy wax and fragrance. Everything is fine until I use the melts in my burner. Once they dry they crumble or even when burning. Can anybody help with this? I want to perfect this I’ve only had a couple of try’s.

Attachments

• A450E7C8-654D-433D-B592-2DCF131FF232.jpeg
    A450E7C8-654D-433D-B592-2DCF131FF232.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 40
I have never seen or had this happen. Are you burning in a metal warmer? Is it particularly cold where you are burning it? what kind of soy wax are you using? What percentage of fo are you using?

I have never seen or had this happen. Are you burning in a metal warmer? Is it particularly cold where you are burning it? what kind of soy wax are you using? What percentage of fo are you using?
Thanks for replying no it’s happening to my friend to I gave her a couple to try. What burners are the best? This is just made of pot I think, I went onto eBay and ordered my wax I will attach a photo and the mixing ratios I’m still getting used to. Do you have any advice?

Attachments

• 1B2B578D-59DF-40FB-9C2D-16A78AA635B2.png
    1B2B578D-59DF-40FB-9C2D-16A78AA635B2.png
    514.2 KB · Views: 40
The wax seems fine and I Asked about the burner because I wondered if it was controlled heat Or if it was really cold there and the temperature was the issue. Fragrance oils have a Flash point and I would imagine too high heat could cause some issues.

I normally use 8% fragrance oil in my wax melts. Every wax has a maximum fragrance load meaning the maximum amount the wax will hold. It might be listed on the bag so that would be a place to check.

To be honest I've heard a few negative things about this brand but I have no experience with them.

Whst brand fragrance are you using and how much did you put in? Any colours or mica?

The wax seems fine and I Asked about the burner because I wondered if it was controlled heat Or if it was really cold there and the temperature was the issue. Fragrance oils have a Flash point and I would imagine too high heat could cause some issues.

I normally use 8% fragrance oil in my wax melts. Every wax has a maximum fragrance load meaning the maximum amount the wax will hold. It might be listed on the bag so that would be a place to check.
I did check I’m afraid it’s not on the bag I’ve been searching all over the internet to find really good instructions. I only have a mould that makes 15 hearts and a few clamshells so I wouldn’t need to much wax. To be honest the oils are also off eBay I’m not a pro I just thought I would have a go x

To be honest I've heard a few negative things about this brand but I have no experience with them.

Whst brand fragrance are you using and how much did you put in? Any colours or mica?
I have been using colour powder form but only a tiny tiny bit as it goes a long way. Is there any brands you could recommend for making wax melts please?

These are the sort of scents I’m using also ordinary scents such as vanilla etc

Attachments

• A5F5A6D1-773D-45AF-B4E3-35290873E8D2.png
    A5F5A6D1-773D-45AF-B4E3-35290873E8D2.png
    380 KB · Views: 29
Back