By the time I got your suggestion, Ian, I had the whole batch chopped up and in the oven.
I figured that, since there was separation of a sort, that perhaps there hadn't been enough heat. So I added a little water, heated the batch at around 200 for quite some time. I'm not sure how long, though, because we had to turn it all off to go to my grandson's birthday party and resumed after we got home.
After probably a couple of hours I took it out, packed it back into the molds and let it cool.
When it was cooled, I cut it into bars and there was no leeching The bars were all uniformly dark (very dark!) blue. Since it was not a sort of hot process batch, I took a bath with a small bar to test it out.
Very blue lather, but it rinsed away easily. Now I think the only problem with this soap is going to be the mess it leaves in the soap dish!