HELP!! Rebatch question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackofallShaves

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Was making a test batch of my shave soap(hot process) to try out a new scent combination. I was supposed to add a total of 8 gms of Patchouli EO to my fragrance mixture, but towards the end of the cook, after adding the super fat and the additional glycerin, I realized that I only had 2 gms of Patchouli left with me!! I was devastated!! (ok I am exaggerating a bit now, lol).

I was down 2 pours of bourbon, so decided to proceed with only 2 gms of Patchouli. It's been 4 days and when I sniff the soap now, I definitely miss the Patchouli base note.

Question - can I just rebatch this and add an additional 6 gms of Patchouli? I am concerned that I will end up cooking the FO that is in the soap already.

Just wanted to report back, in case someone in the future has a similar issue. I was able to rebatch the soap and add the "delta" Patchouli EO without any problems. 12 oz of soap took about 45 mins - 1 hour to get to a pudding like consistency. Had to stir very often to prevent any scorching. Soap smells great now!

Latest posts

Back