Help please!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charleyssoap

Reaction score
I’ve been learning liquid soap and using the hot process method in my crockpot but I’ve been noticing little black specs in my soap. I want to know what is the cause, how to avoid it, and if my batch is ruined because of it. Please if someone with experience can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks Charley

I’ve been learning liquid soap and using the hot process method in my crockpot but I’ve been noticing little black specs in my soap. I want to know what is the cause, how to avoid it, and if my batch is ruined because of it. Please if someone with experience can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks Charley
Can you post your recipe and photos?

I've been making liquid soap since 2004 and this is the first time I've heard of "little black specs" in a batch. Without more information, your guess is probably better than mine. ;)
I think that could be it, Ive started being extremely thorough in my cleaning and sanitizing and I am not having the problem anymore so thank you.

I was thinking similar - or if it's one of the teflon-coated kind, could that be flaking off?
There crockpot does have a crack in it. The crack doesn't go through but I think it may cause particles to cook in the soap. Ive started making cold process and am very thorough in my sanitization and I think it has solved the issue for now. Thank you

Back