Help Please- Soapmakers Choice Product

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbailey

Reaction score
Sorry to bombard everyone with questions! I bought coconut oil & palm oil from Soapmakers Choice... problem is.... they put them in big gallon type jugs... without melting it.. how in the world do you get the oils out?

You can melt it and put it in your own container, or you can cut the top off and cover it between uses.

I think people cut the top off of the container and put it in their own container. or put the whole jug into some warm water to melt it? that would take a while.

I cut off the bottom on the jug, then slit up the side and it slips right out into my 5 gallon bucket

I cut off the bottom of the jug then smoosh it into gallon buckets from Home Depot or Lowes (be sure to get the lid too).

I put mine in a hot water bath in the sink. Works great. I do it 1st then get out all of my other supplies.

I love their products and prices that I cut it out and store in my own container.

I melt my coconut and palm oils in a hot water bath and pour into a large ziploc bag. Then double bag and lay it flat on a cookie sheet. After a day in the fridge it is hard enough to stand upright or stack. Before soaping I let it sit on the counter a few hours, which makes it easy to cut off a chunk with my dough scraper.

I kept 1 gallon plastic container I got from BB just for this reason I take it out melt it in my 1 gallon container and put the lid on works great.

Back