HELP please. HP sitting looking at me!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemsupthepoley

Reaction score
I folks, wee bit help required please.

I'm doing the Silver Fox shave soap recipe HP method in the crock pot.

Added my lye and it's not rising up/frothing like it's supposed to!!!!

Checked and it's at 164 farenheit. Not sure if the pot is heating up enough. It's on high and it looks more solid than thin mashed tatties.

Thinking of putting in the overn?

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

This is the recipe copied from the web page. I think it's been posted here before.
204.1 grams Stearic Acid
113.4 grams Coconut Oil
90.7 grams Beef Tallow
49.9 grams Glycerin
22.7 grams Lanolin
22.7 grams Shea Butter
17.0 grams Fragrance Oil
201.8 grams Distilled Water
99.4 grams KOH

None of the soaps I HP'd ever did the volcano or rise up and fold over thing but all of them turned out fine. So your batch is probably fine too, but doesn't hurt to make sure you followed the recipe accurately.

Okay, thanks for the assistance. It's nowhere near liquid nor is it rising up/frothing/needing knocked back etc.

Will in just cook it for the 2 hours and try a zap test ? (Mmmmm. my favourite bit).

How long have you been waiting? I'm no HP expert, but I use a recipe that uses lard and is high in olive oil, and it seems to be a low slower process than described in the tutorial I follow. That person used a recipe that as all veg, and she uses palm oil and not much olive oil. So it could be your recipe is just slower?

It's been cooking 2 hours. I just got shouted at for eating the soap!!!!

It didn't zap so things must be good.

It's into moulds and all seems, well, like soap I suppose. Panic over. I just hate the thought of losing a batch of products.

Best wishes.

Well just a wee update folks. The soap turned out like, well, soap. It set up nicely and popped out of the moulds just fine. It's quite soft and can be moulded into shave soap containers and bowls etc.

It is working just dandy. It's a super easy lather and is kind to the fizog. It's not drying at all. Many thanks to the originator of the recipe LBussy.

Back