Quantcast

Help Needed With Replying To Multiple Posts

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

DeeAnna

Reaction score
Could someone explain to me exactly how to reply to multiple posts in a single post...
Find one of the messages you want to reply to. Click the +QUOTE link in the lower right corner of this message. Find another message and click the link for that message. And so on.

When you have them all selected, then go to the bottom where you normally type your reply. There will be a button INSERT QUOTES. Click on it. Follow the directions to rearrange the quotes if you like. The selected quotes will be added to your reply.

Note there is a special code [ QUOTE ] added to the top of each message and a similar code [ / QUOTE ] added to the end of each message.

It's good etiquette to shorten the quoted message to just the part you want to reply to (as I have done above with your message). But don't erase the [ QUOTE ] and [ /QUOTE ] codes if you do edit.

To type your response to a message, find the code [ /QUOTE ] at the end of that particular message. Click right after the ending bracket ]. Press the ENTER key a time or two and type your reply.

When you're done, the structure of your message will look something like this --

[ QUOTE="Jersey Girl, post: 855685, member: 35400" ]​
Could someone explain to me exactly how to reply to multiple posts in a single post...​
[ /QUOTE ]​
Here's my reply....​
[ QUOTE="another person" ]​
another message​
[ /QUOTE ]​
And here's my second reply....​

Last edited:

TheGecko

Reaction score
Could someone explain to me exactly how to reply to multiple posts in a single post rather than clog up a thread with separate replies. I am guilty of this and want to learn the correct way to do it. Thanks for any help.
Another way...holding down your right mouse button, highlight the text you want to respond to then release the button. Two little black boxes will pop up, select Reply. That selection will appear in your replay box with the person's name. You can do this for numerous posts, each one appear under the other. Then just follow what @DeeAnna said.

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am also guilty of doing it and not knowing how to group quotes. heres my test
Another way...holding down your right mouse button, highlight the text you want to respond to then release the button. Two little black boxes will pop up, select Reply. That selection will appear in your replay box with the person's name. You can do this for numerous posts, each one appear under the other. Then just follow what @DeeAnna said.
I clicked reply on above quotes' kept clicking. Thx everyone cause this had been a problem brought to my attention. I'll try & do this in all reply's as I don't want to clog up feed.

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find one of the messages you want to reply to. Click the +QUOTE link in the lower right corner of this message. Find another message and click the link for that message. And so on.

When you have them all selected, then go to the bottom where you normally type your reply. There will be a button INSERT QUOTES. Click on it. Follow the directions to rearrange the quotes if you like. The selected quotes will be added to your reply.

Note there is a special code [ QUOTE ] added to the top of each message and a similar code [ / QUOTE ] added to the end of each message.

It's good etiquette to shorten the quoted message to just the part you want to reply to (as I have done above with your message). But don't erase the [ QUOTE ] and [ /QUOTE ] codes if you do edit.

To type your response to a message, find the code [ /QUOTE ] at the end of that particular message. Click right after the ending bracket ]. Press the ENTER key a time or two and type your reply.

When you're done, the structure of your message will look something like this --

[ QUOTE="Jersey Girl, post: 855685, member: 35400" ]​
Could someone explain to me exactly how to reply to multiple posts in a single post...​
[ /QUOTE ]​
Here's my reply....​
[ QUOTE="another person" ]​
another message​
[ /QUOTE ]​
And here's my second reply....​
Ok maybe this way? practice makes perfect. 👍🏼💻🤞🏼

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give it a try in this thread -- a little practice, maybe? ;)
I think I’ve got it!
I’m on an iPad most of the time but I’ll keep thin in mind when on my laptop.
I clicked reply on above quotes' kept clicking. Thx everyone cause this had been a problem brought to my attention. I'll try & do this in all reply's as I don't want to clog up feed.
Success! Old dogs can be taught new tricks! Lol

LilianNoir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another way...holding down your right mouse button, highlight the text you want to respond to then release the button.
This what I do. Makes it easy to "mark" stuff you wanna reply to as you're reading a thread.

I think I’ve got it!
Looks like you do!

(See what I did here? ;))

I love the multi quote feature here. All my years participating in various forums and I've never seen that before.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Was wondering about this too. Im on my ipad mostly, and i dont know if i have the patience for all that highlighting lol.
I use my tablet for multiple posts, you don't need to highlight, just click on each quote for each person and add it to your post then post reply.

gardengeek

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for helping each other. It's great to see the cooperation being shown here.