Help needed with Gardener’s Soap additives

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I wish so much that the United States would just convert -- all at once -- to the metric system which makes total and logical sense!! All this converting grams to ounces to pounds back to grams is for the birds!!" 🙌 🙌
I agree with you! I use the metric system in my professional life and it is so much easier. I’ll date myself - I remember the United States had a program to transition to metric, if I remember right in the early 70’s under Nixon. Highway signs had both miles and kilometers for example.

I agree with you! I use the metric system in my professional life and it is so much easier. I’ll date myself - I remember the United States had a program to transition to metric, if I remember right in the early 70’s under Nixon. Highway signs had both miles and kilometers for example.
Actually, it was under Jimmy Carter, and there was an Interstate in Arizona that had distance in kilometers. I never saw that myself, though, as my travels were limited at that time. Apparently, Mr Grassley (still a powerful senator in a neighboring state) opposed the legislation, as did many citizens across the nation.
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2015/07/us/metric-road-american-story/
However, many of our citizens do use metric measure in our professions. The medical profession, for example. Doctors, Pharmacists & Nurses all learned to use metric measures for medication. We also measure fluids in metric (Intake and Output, for example.) Auto mechanics have had to use metric tools for decades to work on automobiles built in countries using the metric system. Many professional chefs use the metric system, as seen on many cooking shows on US television.

The brilliant cornmeal idea is from @Misschief ❤ (See posts 3 and 5). For 1000 g of fats, I used:

4 g ground calendula powder (for visual effect, not scrubbiness)
5.6 g very fine orange peel powder
6 g fine orange peel powder
10 g cornmeal
15 g ground walnut shell

I’m perfectly happy with this combo of ingredients and the level of scrubbiness, plus it smells nice.

Back