Help! Need to use up EO/FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittensmom

Reaction score
Before I can purchase more FO/EO I need to use what I have. I'm making a tallow based soap that I want to call Blue Sky's. Here is what I have to use. Any suggestions ? My nose getting 'scent overloaded'! Ty!!!!!

EO ylang ylang
FO Sandalwood
FO lavender
EO lavender
EO peppermint
FO roses
EO RoseHip
EO birch
EO frankincense
EO Violet
FO Violet
FO vanilla bean

Sniff your armpit, an onion, or some coffee if you're dealing with scents. It acts as a reset button, so to speak. Vanilla and lavender sounds like a nice combo you can try. Ylang ylang, frankincense, and sandalwood might breed another good combination. You could also think about using the EOs in whipped butters or something.

Old fragrance oils

I mix them in a potpourri base, sew them up in small, inexpensive organza bags, and hand them out as samples/gifts.

I love lavender, Rosemary and frankincense, sub sandalwood for the rosemary and I bet it's nice. Lavender mint is good too. I bet birch and sandalwood would be a nice masculine scent.

I so want to go shopping for new / additional EO/FO but the practical side says use up what you have . Ty for the great ideas It has helped. My husband said I could smell his arm pits after he is done with chores... Just to help me. Haha

I wonder what rose/peppermint would be like? I really like to experiment with uncommon blends. I would test birch/violet too.

I'm guessing you want your soap to be blue? If so, watch out for vanilla and sandalwood as they can discolor to brown. For a soap called Blue Skies, I think peppermint and violet or ylang ylang would be pretty. Also, please don't take offense and I don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but if you're giving this away and/or making labels, please don't use "Blue Sky's", as it's incorrect.

Latest posts

Back