HELP! Need a fragrance suggestions for CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@scard
How old are your Comfort and Joy, Jeweled Fir and Peace and Love bars? Has the scent made it pass the 6 month mark?
So sorry for the very late response, I did tests on Jeweled Fir and Avalanche each at .5% a year ago and they are holding well. They would be amazing at a higher concentration, but they both are known to discolor (I used darker colors) The Peace and Love was one of the first scents I used, just under 2 years ago and it is almost as good as new and still one of my favorites. I can't wait to try some of these FOs, thanks for starting this thread, and for all of the responses. :)

I only use Dragon's Blood from Pure Fragrance Oils. It is the best out there and lasts forever. You won't have any problem with any of their FO's fading IMHO. I never could find a single FO from Rustic Escentuals that doesn't have a chemical note to it (like alcohol or some such) but maybe that's just me.

@scard

Jeweled Fir from NS - good at a year at .5% ppo
Avalanche from NS - good at a year at .5% ppo

Peace and Love from NS - good at 2 years

How about the
Comfort and Joy from NS
and
Australian Bamboo Grass from Ng ????

Comfort and Joy is another favorite, I used it in the August 2018 challenge and it is a beautiful spiced apple scent and I soaped that at 1 oz per lb. and it still going strong. The Australian Bamboo Grass was also done in August of last year, at 0.8% and may have mellowed a bit but is still lovely and spa-like in salt bars. The Peace and Love FO was used at 0.5% and is still strong and amazing after 2 years! None of these FO's accelerated or riced, the Peace and Love did turn light tan. :)

This is such an IMPRESSIVE LIST!

Bramble Berry (BB)
- Applejack Peel, Apple Sage, Baby Rose, Black Amber and Lavender,
Cedar & Saffron, Crisp Apple Rose, Energy (smells like Sweet Tart Gummies), Espresso,
Fresh Mango, Fresh Snow, Grapefruit Lily, Kumquat, Kentish Rain, Lavender chamomile,
Lemon Verbena, Lime, Lingonberry Spice, Peach Prosecco, Pink Grapefruit, Pineapple & Cilantro,
Pure Honey, Sea Moss (accelerates) and Pumpkin Soufflé

AND My Macintosh Apple & Hot Apple Pie are sticking so far. I am just at 6 weeks with them.
My Sweet Cranberry ( and it is SWEET) is sticking strong at 3 months. I'll update if anything changes :)

Candle Science (CS) - Oakmoss & Amber, Lavender FO, Apple Harvest,
"If you are looking for Frankincense and Myrrh, so far CS has the best I tried."

( The following stick, but don’t know how long! )
Lavender, Peppermint & Eucalyptus, Hazelnut Coffee, Love Spell, Brandied Pear,
Cool Citrus Basil, Cucumber & Mint, Plumeria, Black Rasp. Vanilla.

AND My White Tea & Berries is sticking at 3 months. My Amber Noir, and Baby Powder, Fraser Fir, and Golden Rose (doesn't smell like a rose, but is really nice IMHO) are sticking at 6 weeks. I'll update when that changes.

The Lilac from CS is sticking at 6 weeks, but it was very naughty ( acceleration ) in my one bar sample!

Day Star (DS) - Blooming Violets, Milk Sugar Kisses, Toffee Sugar Crunch, Paradise,
Salty Sailor (accelerates), Woods and Bitter Coffee

Flaming CandleUNVERIFIED suggestions - Lavender, Lemongrass, Seagrass & Sage, Fierce,
Hawaiian Pink Hibiscus, Rosemary Mint, Bartlett Pear, Caribbean Salsa, Eucalyptus & Spearmint, & Pink Grapefruit

Fragrance Buddy (FB) – Avobath, Bob’s Flower Shop, Cappuccino Espresso, Citrus Bath, Citrus Tree, Dark Knight,
Flying Fox (Jasmin Showers), Gypsy Rose, Leaves, Imogen Rose (Rose Goddess), Karma dupe (Life Lessons I think it's called),
Kai, Mango & Pineapple, Pepper berry Wreath, Sultana (Prince Showers), Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper, Weather Vane, White Tea and Ginger.

Lone Star (LS) - Love Spell type, Pink Chiffon

Mad Oils (now Arizona Mad Oils) – Elderflower, Wild Hyacinth, Velvet Peppercorn

From MMS (Majestic Mountain Sage) - Intense Almond, Ginger milk, Green Tea, Plumeria,
Love Spell, Relaxation, Tassie Lavender

Nature's Garden (NG)
- Anjou Pear Blossom, Apple Orchard, Australian Bamboo Grass,
Balsam, Baby Bee, Bayberry, Bite Me (smells like Cherry Limeade or Fruit Punch), Bubble Luscious,
Cracklin Birch, Dark Musk, Elf Sweat, Green Irish Tweed, Hummingbird, Lemon Sugar, Love Spell (decelerates),
Mango Sorbet, Mango Tangerine, Nag Champa, Pumpkin Apple Butter, The Perfect Man (use at .5 oz ppo),
Passionate Kisses, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Satsuma,
Sweet Orange Chili Pepper (smells like orange sherbet. No A slightly yellowed the soap. Strong scent after cure),
& Vanilla Champagne

GRAPE SODA POP FRAGRANCE OIL ???

Nurture Soap - Avalanche (.5 oz ppo) Awaken, Apricot (decelerates), Black Raspberry Vanilla, Carmel Coffee,
Comfort and Joy, Earth Meets Sky, Flame Tree, Jeweled Fir (.5 oz ppo), Paramour,
Peace & Love (.5 oz ppo), Winter Wonderland,

Pure Fragrance - Dragon's Blood,

PEAK Fragrance - Bartlett Pear, Bayberry, Beach Daisies, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Fresh Brewed Coffee,
Fresh Baked Pie Crust, Green Clover & Aloe, Downey Fresh, Jasmine, Love Spell,
Macintosh Apple ("the best pure juicy apple scent I've ever found for CP! For a plain apple scent that actually smells like taking a bite of an apple and nothing else (no spice, no greenery, no floral), I've not found a better FO than Peaks Macintosh Apple. It plays nice in CP, has great scent retention, and you can use it as low as 0.5 oz ppo.)", Mandarin Plum, Mulberry, Nag Champa ( "I think I actually love this one more than the WSP version and it cures to a lovely purple - so I do black swirls!"), Raspberry Truffle, Sunflower, Sweet Pea, Twilight Woods, Wild Mountain Honey,

( The following STICK, but don’t know how long:
Cranberry Apple Marmalade, Apple Jack Peel, & Key Lime)

Rustic Escentuals (ES) - Barbershop 1920's, Blue Skies, Coffee House, Heavenly Honeysuckle,
Hippie Chick, London Fog, Lemon Slices, Lemon Verbena, Lemon Pound Cake, Oud Wood,
Redwood, Satsuma, Tuscan Fields, Corn Husk Rustic.

6 months +: RE fragrances: Angel Baby, Angel Heart, Blackberry Sage, Blackberry Scone,
Cucumber Mint, Green Apple, Havana night, Icy Peppermint, Interlude, Moscato, Ozark Forest,
Satsuma, Red Saffron, Sea Island Grapefruit, Merlot, Tangerine Lavender, Toasted marshmallow,
Cornbread (strong), Spicy Apple Peaches - (Loses peach at six months but a wonderful cider, over a year and sticking),
Pipe Smoke, & Sea Kelp,

Soapalooza - Bosa Nova, Tassie Lavender

Sweetcakes - Clean for Men, Cucumber Melon, Lilac is amazing, Mango Tea, Naran Ji, Northwoods, Orange Blossom, Sandalwood, True Rose, Yuzu, Santa's Pipe

Wholesale Supplies PLUS (WSP)Black Raspberry Vanilla, Caribbean Coconut,
Cucumber Melon ( DOES NOT accelerate, others do!), Dragons blood, Frankincense,
Green Tea & Cucumber, Ice Tea Twist (use at .5 oz ppo) , Lemongrass Sage, Mango Papaya,
Mango Sorbet, Midsummer's Night, Nag Champa, Passionate Kisses, PERFECT MAN,
WSP pink grapefruit ("is the best I've found"), Rose Garden, Sea Salt & Driftwood,
Sugared Spruce, Sun & Sand, Sweet Honeysuckle, Three Wise Men, True Lilac ("is hands down the best lilac ever"),
& Vanilla Champagne (big seller),

The following are suppose to be good in CP, but I don't know how long they last
Coconut Lime Verbena from WSP – “SELLS out all the time”
Grapefruit & Bergamot from Crafters Choice
Honey & Apricot, Pink Lemonade, & Energy

OMG, The Dragon's Blood is intoxicating. What a unique and wonderful fragrance! That is IMHO!

The Ice Tea Twist is SPOT on with the Ice Tea with Lemon fragrance. Incredible!

I soaped the True Lilac at 6% ppo. It is REALLY STRONG! I am waiting to see if it mellows during the cure.
Otherwise, I would recommend soaping at a lower rate.

Last edited:
I only use Dragon's Blood from Pure Fragrance Oils. It is the best out there and lasts forever. You won't have any problem with any of their FO's fading IMHO. I never could find a single FO from Rustic Escentuals that doesn't have a chemical note to it (like alcohol or some such) but maybe that's just me.
Actually, I will put my DB up against Pure Fragrance Oils DB and mine does not turn as dark.

and cmzaha where is your DB from? I am really loving WSP's DB. I can't sniff my sample enough. LOL....

If the WSP brand DB isn't your top pick, I think I am OK with it being 2nd or 3rd runner up because it is just totally intoxicating to me!

@cmzaha ,

Do you have any other long lasting CP fragrance suggestions that you would like to share with us?

Last edited by a moderator:
NG Cucumber Melon Type = Lovely
Sangria Punch= Very Very nice !
Mango Tangerine= I didn't like it but will see how it sells
Bite Me- STRONG ! use much less then 1oz ppo

Here are a few more scents to add to the “sticker” list:

MMS FOs that have stuck in fragrance test bars I made June 1, 2019. Note: I managed to lose track of how much I used by wt. in each test bar, but I’m fairly certain it was “moderate” as given by the MMS calculator for each fragrance:

Bay Rum, Somali Rose, Jacob (a bit weak, but I find it to be a bit weak to start with; nice though), Sap Moss, Green Tea (faint), Osmanthus

I have some BB fragrances that I think will expand the list above, but they need a bit more time.

and cmzaha where is your DB from? I am really loving WSP's DB. I can't sniff my sample enough. LOL....

If the WSP brand DB isn't your top pick, I think I am OK with it being 2nd or 3rd runner up because it is just totally intoxicating to me!
Sorry, I never answered. I have my DB made. It started as a dupe with tweaks.

As for a few stickers.
The only Lemon Verbena, Silver Birch and Teakwook & Coconut from Rustic Escentuals. This is the only Lemon Verbena I have found to stick really well.

Black Raspberry Vanilla from Soapsupplies.net sticks well and does not discolor or accelerate, also Salty her Salty Air stick forever but does accelerate like most salty fo's.

Bonsai from https://oregontrailsoaps.com/ is another sticker, uber strong and is a good steady seller for me. In fact, it is one of few fo's I use at .9 oz PPO not 1.1-1.2 oz PPO like most of my fo's.

Mango Papaya, Caramel Tobacco and Plumeria from California Candle Supply stick very well. Plumeria will last for a couple of years at least but accelerates. I cannot keep Caramel Tobacco or Mango Papaya in stock over 6-8 months to know how long it lasts. It is the best Caramel Tobacco I have tried.

Last edited:
Here are a few more scents to add to the “sticker” list:

MMS FOs that have stuck in fragrance test bars I made June 1, 2019. Note: I managed to lose track of how much I used by wt. in each test bar, but I’m fairly certain it was “moderate” as given by the MMS calculator for each fragrance:

Bay Rum, Somali Rose, Jacob (a bit weak, but I find it to be a bit weak to start with; nice though), Sap Moss, Green Tea (faint), Osmanthus

I have some BB fragrances that I think will expand the list above, but they need a bit more time.

What did you think about the Bay Rum, Somali Rose, Sap Moss, and Osmanthus? Are they pleasing stickers?

I need to post my Favorite stickers from my summer testings. I've got a few batches that are from August that I am waiting for them to reach the 6 month point before I commit to final opinion. It doesn't happen to often, but I have had a few delicious scents make it to the 4 month spot and then fade or morph by the 6 month check.

What did you think about the Bay Rum, Somali Rose, Sap Moss, and Osmanthus? Are they pleasing stickers?
I like all of the fragrances I listed above and a few others I have from MMS. You didn’t ask about Green Tea and Jacob, but I plan to buy them again and use them at higher concentrations. As I recall, IrishLass posted earlier in this thread that Green Tea sticks well for her. I also plan to buy MMS Tassie Lavender based on another member’s recommendation. For context, I tend towards not liking FOs that smell like perfume or cologne.

@Mobjack Bay
Thanks for the update. I didn't ask about the others because you mentioned they were a bit weak. I am glad that you clarified that you liked them enough to order again and use at a higher rate. A few of my favs from Lone star fragrances were like that. GREEN TEA sounds right up my aisle. I tried an Earl Grey & Apple from Rustic Escentuals that is very good. My bar is 7 months old and still holding. The MUR for this scent is only 4.55% and I can't remember if I knew that before I made my test bar lol.. I really would like this scent to be a little stronger, but with the MUR, that won't happen.

Sorry, I never answered. I have my DB made. It started as a dupe with tweaks.

As for a few stickers.
The only Lemon Verbena, Silver Birch and Teakwook & Coconut from Rustic Escentuals. This is the only Lemon Verbena I have found to stick really well.

I am so glad you shared this. Somebody recommended that I try lemon verbenas, but the ones that I've tried don't seem to stay true the full 6 months. I thought it was just a "me" issue.

LORDY, I counted all the fragrances that I have tested this year... I knew I was in trouble... I knew I had fallen down the rabbit hole when I started testing all these fragrances, BUT I didn't know how far I had fallen! I've tried 150 scents this year! I've tested fragrances from Rustic Escentuals, Candle Science, Lone Star Fragrance, Fragrance Buddy, Virginia Candle Supply, Maple Street Fragrance, Wholesale Supplies Plus, Bramble Berry and Micas and More.

Geez, WTH was I thinking? I discovered 30 scents that are sticking and that I like.

I think the next step is to start exploring different soap recipes! I've got some Colloidal Oatmeal, tussah silk, charcoal, and kaolin clay that I want to start playing around with. If there are any words of advice, I am all ears!

:eek: You just lost at least one customer... moi! :D
When I started making soap, I only liked the perfume Tea Rose and a few EOs. I’m progressing, but it’s slow. I’ve always though my aversion to scents had something to do with my mom spraying on her Shalimar perfume just before we left the house and got into a closed car :).

@Mobjack Bay
Thanks for the update. I didn't ask about the others because you mentioned they were a bit weak. I am glad that you clarified that you liked them enough to order again and use at a higher rate. A few of my favs from Lone star fragrances were like that. GREEN TEA sounds right up my aisle. I tried an Earl Grey & Apple from Rustic Escentuals that is very good. My bar is 7 months old and still holding. The MUR for this scent is only 4.55% and I can't remember if I knew that before I made my test bar lol.. I really would like this scent to be a little stronger, but with the MUR, that won't happen.
I will be sure to update how the weaker ones do at higher concentrations.

Latest posts

Back