HELP! Need a fragrance suggestions for CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@IrishLass

That is a lot of fragrance! I think you are an enabler!
FYI: Peak is out of stock with about 1/2 of your last list, including the Wild Mountain Honey.
I sent them an email about ETA for the Wild Mountain Honey.

@dibbles
Thanks for the Holiday fragrance recommendations. I added them to the list.
Speaking of Apple Jack & Peel, on an old thread, I spotted someone recommending Peak's for a good sticking FO. They didn't specify how long it lasted. The reviews for the WSP Apple Jack & Peel were mixed on the fragrance review chart. I wonder if WSP Apple Jack & Peel has been reformulated because the reviewers were using 6% FO, but the recommended max is now only 4.2%.
Let us know what they say the ETA on the honey fragrance is. I would like to get some as well.

BELOW is the VERY IMPRESSIVE list of Fragrances that stick for at least 6 months in CP soap.
Thanks Ladies for helping me with this!

Bramble Berry (BB)
- Baby Rose, Black Amber and Lavender, Cedar & Saffron , Crisp Apple Rose, Fresh Mango, Fresh Snow, Grapefruit Lily, Kumquat, Kentish Rain, Lavender chamomile, Lemon Verbena, Lime, Peach Prosecco, Pink Grapefruit, Sea Moss (accelerates),
Pumpkin Soufflé,

Candle Science (CS) - Oakmoss & Amber, Lavender FO, Apple Harvest,

Day Star (DS) - Blooming Violets, Milk Sugar Kisses, Toffee Sugar Crunch, Paradise, Salty Sailor (accelerates), Woods and Bitter Coffee

Fragrance Buddy (FB) – Citrus Bath, Citrus Tree, Flying Fox (Jasmin Showers), Leaves, Imogen Rose (Rose Goddess),
Karma dupe (Life Lessons I think it's called), Sultana (Prince Showers), Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper, Weather Vane, White Tea and Ginger,

Lone Star (LS) - Love Spell type, Pink Chiffon

Mad Oils (now Arizona Mad Oils) – Elderflower, Wild Hyacinth, Velvet Peppercorn

From MMS (Majestic Mountain Sage) - Intense Almond, Ginger milk, Plumaria, Love Spell, Relaxation, Tassie Lavender

Nature's Garden (NG) - Anjou Pear Blossom, Bamboo White Grapefruit, Baby Bee, Bayberry, Bite Me (smells like Cherry Limeade), Cracklin Birch, Dark Musk, Elf Sweat, Green Irish Tweed, Lemon Sugar, Mango Sorbet, Nag Champa, Pumpkin Apple Butter, The Perfect Man, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Satsuma, & Sweet Orange Chili Pepper,

Nurture Soap - Awaken, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Earth Meets Sky, Flame Tree, Paramour, Winter Wonderland

Pure Fragrance - Dragon's Blood,

PEAK Fragrance - Bartlet Pear, Bayberry, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Green Clover & Aloe, Downey Fresh, Jasmine, Love Spell, Mandarin Plum, Mulberry, Raspberry Truffle, Sunflower, Sweet Pea, Twilight Woods, Wild Mountain Honey,

Rustic Escentuals (ES) - Redwood, Satsuma, London Fog, Lemon Verbena, Hippie Chick, Tuscan Fields, Heavenly Honeysuckle
Blue Skies, Oud Wood, Barbershop 1920's, Corn Husk Rustic

Soapalooza - Bosa Nova, Tassie Lavender

Sweetcakes - Clean for Men, Cucumber Melon, Lilac is amazing, Mango Tea, Naran Ji, Northwoods, Orange Blossom, Sandalwood, True Rose, Yuzu, Santa's Pipe

Wholesale Supplies PLUS (WSP) – Caribbean Coconut, Dragons blood, Frankincense, Green Tea & Cucumber, Ice Tea Twist, Lemongrass Sage, Mango Papaya, Mango Sorbet, Midsummer's Night, Nag Champa, Rose Garden, Sea Salt & Driftwood,
Sugared Spruce, Sun & Sand, Sweet Honeysuckle, Three Wise Men, True Lilac,

AND... I was looking through some more old threads today and found the following scents that are known to STICK, but they didn't specify how long..

Candle Science (CS) - The following stick, but don’t know how long..
Peppermint & Eucalyptus, Hazelnut Coffee, Love Spell, Brandied Pear

PEAK Fragrance - The following STICK, but don’t know how long...
Cranberry Apple Marmalade, Apple Jack Peel, & Key Lime

Let me know if you ladies have used these scents in CP soap and can confirm that they last at least 6 months

Last edited by a moderator:
BELOW is the VERY IMPRESSIVE list of Fragrances that stick for at least 6 months in CP soap.
Thanks Ladies for helping me with this!

Bramble Berry (BB)
- Baby Rose, Black Amber and Lavender, Cedar & Saffron , Crisp Apple Rose, Fresh Mango, Fresh Snow, Grapefruit Lily, Kumquat, Kentish Rain, Lavender chamomile, Lemon Verbena, Lime, Peach Prosecco, Pink Grapefruit, Sea Moss (accelerates),
Pumpkin Soufflé,

Candle Science (CS) - Oakmoss & Amber, Lavender FO, Apple Harvest,

Day Star (DS) - Blooming Violets, Milk Sugar Kisses, Toffee Sugar Crunch, Paradise, Salty Sailor (accelerates), Woods and Bitter Coffee

Fragrance Buddy (FB) – Citrus Bath, Citrus Tree, Flying Fox (Jasmin Showers), Leaves, Imogen Rose (Rose Goddess),
Karma dupe (Life Lessons I think it's called), Sultana (Prince Showers), Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper, Weather Vane, White Tea and Ginger,

From MMS (Majestic Mountain Sage) - Intense Almond, Ginger milk, Plumaria, Love Spell, Relaxation, Tassie Lavender

Nature's Garden (NG) - Anjou Pear Blossom, Bamboo White Grapefruit, Baby Bee, Bayberry, Bite Me (smells like Cherry Limeade), Cracklin Birch, Dark Musk, Elf Sweat, Green Irish Tweed, Lemon Sugar, Mango Sorbet, Nag Champa, Pumpkin Apple Butter, The Perfect Man, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Satsuma, & Sweet Orange Chili Pepper,

Nurture Soap - Awaken, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Earth Meets Sky, Flame Tree, Paramour, Winter Wonderland

PEAK Fragrance - Bartlet Pear, Bayberry, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Green Clover & Aloe, Downey Fresh, Jasmine, Love Spell, Mandarin Plum, Mulberry, Raspberry Truffle, Sunflower, Sweet Pea, Twilight Woods, Wild Mountain Honey,

Rustic Escentuals (ES) - Redwood, Satsuma, London Fog, Lemon Verbena, Hippie Chick, Tuscan Fields, Heavenly Honeysuckle
Blue Skies, Oud Wood, Barbershop 1920's, Corn Husk Rustic

Sweetcakes - Clean for Men, Cucumber Melon, Lilac is amazing, Mango Tea, Naran Ji, Northwoods, Orange Blossom, Sandalwood, True Rose, Yuzu, Santa's Pipe

Wholesale Supplies PLUS (WSP) – Caribbean Coconut, Dragons blood, Frankincense, Green Tea & Cucumber, Ice Tea Twist, Lemongrass Sage, Mango Papaya, Mango Sorbet, Midsummer's Night, Nag Champa, Rose Garden, Sea Salt & Driftwood,
Sugared Spruce, Sun & Sand, Sweet Honeysuckle, Three Wise Men, True Lilac,

Impressive indeed, and incredibly useful. I haven’t made it past the trial sizes of the dozen or so FOs I bought when I first started using them a couple of months ago. There’s a scent from MMS called Green Tea that I really like, but the oldest soap I have with that FO is still a baby. Does anyone know if that one is a sticker?

It definitely sounds like you need to up your fragrance percentage!! Test batches are really the only way to go.... sometimes I need to add more than they suggest. Be sure to read the reviews, too!

Some of my favorites from BB for CP soap are Energy, Espresso, and Apple Sage. I USED to have a lot more, but they have been discontinuing my favorite fragrances with a vengeance. :(

Some of my favorites from BB for CP soap are Energy, Espresso, and Apple Sage.

Let's TALK! I NEED to ask about BB's Espresso fragrance. How does this scent behave in CP?
I was afraid to use this one because I read on some of the other threads that coffee scents are notorious for morphing in CP.
Please, give me your opinion on BB's espresso fragrance behavior in CP.

Some of my favorites from BB for CP soap are Energy, Espresso, and Apple Sage. I USED to have a lot more, but they have been discontinuing my favorite fragrances with a vengeance. :(

AND do you have any idea how long these three fragrances last in CP soap?
I have the Espresso & Apple Sage on hand and would love to make a loaf of soap, instead of a bar, if they last at least 6 months in CP.

Ladies, I want to thank you for helping and enabling me!
I've placed an order with FB. I didn't even know about this company before I started this thread. Most of the fragrances were from the suggestions you provide.

I am getting some 1 ounce samples of the following fragrances:

Bob's Flower Shop FB Type Fragrance
JASMIN SHOWERS FRAGRANCE
Honeydew Melon Fragrance
KAI Type Fragrance
LIFE LESSONS FRAGRANCE
Mango Pineapple Type Fragrance
Pepperberry Wreath Fragrance
White Tea and Ginger Type Fragrance
Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper Type Fragrance
PRINCE SHOWERS FRAGRANCE
Leaves MW Type Fragrance
CITRUS TREE FRAGRANCE
CITRUS BATH FRAGRANCE
MOONLIGHT PATH FB TYPE FRAGRANCE
LEMON VERBENA Fragrance

Thanks so much for helping me find some fragrances with some serious staying power.

I'll have to test FB's Moonlight Path, Lemon Verbena, Mango Pineapple, Kai Type Fragrance, & Bob's Flower Shop fragrances, but at least I know the rest of the order should be solid.

I get some of my soap making supplies from SoapGoods.com. Do you have any recommendations for scents from SoapGoods.com that will stick at least 6 months?

I like BB's Espresso FO well enough that I now use it instead of my former favorite (Peak's Fresh Brewed Coffee).
They both behave well and have similar scent retention and discoloration to dark brown in my CP recipe using highly concentrated (triple brewed) coffee as part of my lye water. To my nose, Peak's FO has more of a mocha/chocolate scent in the cured soap while BB's FO is more coffee-ish. BUT keep in mind that I use ALL of Peak's FOs at 0.5 oz ppo, and BB's FOs at 1 oz ppo. Both FOs make very nice coffee soaps.
I'm a long-time fan of Peak and love many of their FOs, so here are some of my other recommendations that will retain their scent in CP for at least 6 months at 0.5 oz ppo:
Beach Daisies
Fresh Brewed Coffee
Love Spell
Macintosh Apple (the best pure juicy apple scent I've ever found for CP!)
Nag Champa (I think I actually love this one more that the WSP version and it cures to a lovely purple - so I do black swirls!)

Per FB Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper FO - it's very nice on it's own, but I like to amp up the 'Chili Pepper' aspect with this:
https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/fragrance-formulator-hot-pepper-fragrance-oil.aspx
Or you could play up the 'Sweet Orange' aspect with either sweet orange or blood orange EOs.
This FO plays nice no matter what you do with it :)
I call my soap "Cajun Sunshine"
http://www.minoubleu.com/louisiana.html

@cerelife

Thanks for the additional suggestions for Peak. I've added them to my list!

OBTW: Your website is very nice. Everything looks nice and neat. One of my pet peeves is a cluttered or micro-small font size. The "Home" information was comforting and welcoming. The pictures add a ton of interest as opposed to just listing the soap scents. TWO THUMBS UP for your web site.

@cerelife

As a new customer, PEAK holds more interest for me because they have the one ounce sample size.
All of WSP fragrances have a minimum 2 oz size. At Peak, I can try 2 to 3 times the number of scents for the same money that WSP will cost.

Speaking of cost, WSP just announced a 30% off sale starting tomorrow. So, it looks like I will be trying a few of their scents next. Based on your recommendation, I just removed the Nag Champa from my cart and will try it from Peak instead. PEAK seems to have more issues with items being out of stock! For instance, the Nag Champa is currently in-stock in the 1 ounce size but out of stock in the 4 ounce size. Peak's Wild Honey is opposite: Out of stock in the 1 ounce, but in-stock for the 4 ounce size.

@math ace
Peak is a much smaller company than WSP, and they've been struggling for the past year to stay afloat. I'm guessing that's why they have 'out of stock' issues - trying to balance customer demand/overstock?

@cerelife

The list of recommendations for Peak is pretty good...

PEAK Fragrance
- Bartlett Pear, Bayberry, Beach Daisies, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Fresh Brewed Coffee. Green Clover & Aloe, Downy Fresh, Jasmine, Love Spell, Macintosh Apple ( juicy apple scent ), Mandarin Plum, Mulberry, Nag Champa, Raspberry Truffle, Sunflower, Sweet Pea, Twilight Woods, Wild Mountain Honey,

( The following STICK, but don’t know how long: Cranberry Apple Marmalade, Apple Jack Peel, & Key Lime)

I think between Peak and Fragrance Buddy, I'll be able to meet most of my fragrance needs LOL.

While I am waiting for PEAK to get back with me, I decided to put an order together for NG. For some reason, this looks like a "fruit heavy" order!

This is what I have come up with:

NOT-Tested, Have you tried these NG scents?

Orange Blossom
NG Cucumber Melon Type
Sangria Punch
Mango Tangerine
Banana Foster

Already Tested & RECOMMENDED
Satsuma Fragrance
Pumpkin Apple Butter
Mango Sorbet
Lemon Sugar
Bite Me
Bayberry
Bamboo and White Grapefruit

If you have any experience with the non-tested NG Scents please share. I'll wait to see what advice you have before I hit the "check-out" button!

AND.... I just added the NG Lime Cilantro to my cart.

FB mango pineapple is good!

OMG... While my adult son was helping test 16 of the fragrances from FB, we BOTH noticed and were drooling over the Mango pineapple batter as we were pouring it in the mold. I so hope this holds for me because it is a KEEPER based on OOB and pour scent.

I did some more searching through various threads and have come up with the following candidates for RE long lasting scents.
Rustic Escentuals (RE) - LONG LASTING
Barbershop 1920's, Blue Skies, Coffee House,
Heavenly Honeysuckle, Hippie Chick, London Fog,
Lemon Slices, Lemon Verbena, Lemon Pound Cake,
Oud Wood, Redwood, Satsuma, Tuscan Fields, and Corn Husk Rustic.

RE fragrances - 6 months +
Angel Heart, Icy Peppermint, Interlude,
Ozark Forest, Red Saffron, Sea Island Grapefruit,
Merlot, Toasted marshmellow, Moscato,
Cornbread (strong), Sea Kelp,
Spicy Apple Peaches - (Loses peach at six months but a wonderful cider, over a year and sticking),
Havana night, Green apple & Pipe Smoke.
Blackberry Sage, Black Berry Scone &
Cucumber Mint,

Rustic Escentuals yearly "1 ounce sample size" sale started today AND I'm Ready for it!

I made soap with NG Sweet Orange Chili Pepper in March. I always fragrance on the "light" end, and it is still fragrant. It is my absolute favorite fragrance so far, and I would like to make another batch with it, but I haven't found the box with my fragrances yet (I moved a month ago and I am not finished unpacking still LOL) I'm thinking the only way to guarantee I can find it again is to just go ahead and order another bottle. ;)
Same - made it in March and am just using it. I used an ounce/lb. Just smelling the bar, the fragrance is more subtle than when I bath with it. It's light, though, but sooo nice!

NG scents that last for me at least 6 months but way longer in most cases:

Perfect Man
Cracklin Birch
Mango Sorbet
Loving Spell
Sweet Orang Chili Pepper
Passionate Kisses
Bubble Luscious
Bite Me
Hummingbird
Vanilla Champagne

Bamboo White Grapefruit faded before end of cure.

I use most fragrances at 1 oz. ppo Not Perfect Man though.

Bramble Berry (BB) - Applejack Peel, Apple Sage, Baby Rose, Black Amber and Lavender, Cedar & Saffron, Crisp Apple Rose, Energy (smells like Sweet Tart Gummies), Espresso, Fresh Mango, Fresh Snow, Grapefruit Lily, Kumquat, Kentish Rain, Lavender chamomile, Lemon Verbena, Lime, Lingonberry Spice, Peach Prosecco, Pink Grapefruit, Pineapple & Cilantro, Pure Honey, Sea Moss (accelerates) and Pumpkin Soufflé

Candle Science (CS) - Oakmoss & Amber, Lavender FO, Apple Harvest, If you are looking for Frankincense and Myrrh, so far CS has the best I tried.
The following stick, but don’t know how long..
Lavender, Peppermint & Eucalyptus, Hazelnut Coffee, Love Spell, Brandied Pear)

Day Star (DS)
- Blooming Violets, Milk Sugar Kisses, Toffee Sugar Crunch, Paradise, Salty Sailor (accelerates), Woods and Bitter Coffee

Flaming CandleUNVERIFIED suggestions - Lavender, Lemongrass, Seagrass & Sage, Fierce, Hawaiian Pink Hibiscus, Rosemary Mint, Bartlett Pear, Caribbean Salsa, Eucalyptus & Spearmint, & Pink Grapefruit

Fragrance Buddy (FB) – Avobath, Bob’s Flower Shop (MUR 5%) , Capuccino Espresso, Citrus Bath, Citrus Tree, Dark Knight, Flying Fox (Jasmin Showers), Gypsy Rose, Leaves, Imogen Rose (Rose Goddess), Karma dupe (Life Lessons I think it's called), Kai ( MUR 4%), Mango & Pineapple, Pepperberry Wreath (MUR 4%) , Sultana (Prince Showers), Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper, Weather Vane, White Tea and Ginger..

From MMS (Majestic Mountain Sage) - Intense Almond, Ginger milk, Green Tea, Plumeria, Love Spell, Relaxation, Tassie Lavender

Nature's Garden (NG)
- Anjou Pear Blossom, Balsam, Baby Bee, Bayberry, Bite Me (smells like Cherry Limeade or Fruit Punch), Bubble Luscious,
Cracklin Birch, Dark Musk, Elf Sweat, Green Irish Tweed, Hummingbird, Lemon Sugar, Love Spell (decelerates), Mango Sorbet, Nag Champa,
Pumpkin Apple Butter, The Perfect Man (use at .5 oz ppo), Passionate Kisses, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Satsuma, Sweet Orange Chili Pepper, & Vanilla Champagne

Nurture Soap - Awaken, Apricot (decelerates), Black Raspberry Vanilla, Carmel Coffee, Earth Meets Sky, Flame Tree, Paramour, Winter Wonderland

PEAK Fragrance - Bartlett Pear, Bayberry, Beach Daisies, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Fresh Brewed Coffee, Fresh Baked Pie Crust, Green Clover & Aloe, Downey Fresh, Jasmine, Love Spell, Macintosh Apple (the best pure juicy apple scentI've ever found for CP!), Mandarin Plum, Mulberry, Nag Champa (I think I actually love this one more that the WSP version and it cures to a lovely purple), Raspberry Truffle, Sunflower, Sweet Pea, Twilight Woods, Wild Mountain Honey,

The following STICK, but don’t know how long:
Cranberry Apple Marmalade, Apple Jack Peel, & Key Lime

Rustic Escentuals (ES) - Barbershop 1920's, Blue Skies, Coffee House, Heavenly Honeysuckle, Hippie Chick, London Fog, Lemon Slices, Lemon Verbena, Lemon Pound Cake, Oud Wood, Redwood, Satsuma, Tuscan Fields, Corn Husk Rustic.

6 months +: RE fragrances: Angel Baby, Angel Heart, Blackberry Sage, Blackberry Scone, Cucumber Mint, Green Apple, Havana night, Icy Peppermint, Interlude, Moscato, Ozark Forest, Satsuma, Red Saffron, Sea Island Grapefruit, Merlot, Tangerine Lavender, Toasted marshmellow, Cornbread (strong), Spicy Apple Peaches - (Loses peach at six months but a wonderful cider, over a year and sticking), Pipe Smoke & Sea Kelp,

Wholesale Supplies PLUS (WSP) – Black Raspberry Vanilla, Caribbean Coconut, Cucumber Melon ( DOES NOT accelerate, others do!), Dragons blood, Frankincense, Green Tea & Cucumber, Ice Tea Twist (use at .5 oz ppo) , Lemongrass Sage, Mango Papaya, Mango Sorbet, Midsummer's Night,
Nag Champa, Rose Garden, Sea Salt & Driftwood, Sugared Spruce, Sun & Sand, Sweet Honeysuckle, Three Wise Men, True Lilac (is hands down the best lilac ever),

Latest posts

Back