Help naming

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
I love naming my soaps but I couldn't find a better name than violet. I was hoping someone could suggest a better name.

Attachments

• 20200524_104847_compress30_compress16.jpg
    20200524_104847_compress30_compress16.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 47
I always have a preference for names that tell me what I'm getting. So, if it smells like lilac, I like something that reflects that. Names that are too clever or only speak to the color or swirl are not for me. What fragrance is your soap?

"taste the rainbow" it smells like skittles. I was trying to think of something that reflects the scent but I just couldn't.

Whenever I hear the word Violet, I automatically think of "Violet, you're turning violet!" from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"!!
So of course when I looked at your picture/read that it smelled like candy, I thought: Wonka Rainbow Bars

Violet Underground -- I actually like that! I'm such a music lover. But anyway, violet is good, since it brings good cheer but doesn't lock the brain into a scent like lavender does. Other possibilities promoting music and/or recognizing the soil (brown) spots:

Hyacinth Haze, Pushing Petunias (play on dirt specks), Sweet Violet.

So, it smells like violets?
No not really. It's an ambiguous scent.
Violet Underground -- I actually like that! I'm such a music lover. But anyway, violet is good, since it brings good cheer but doesn't lock the brain into a scent like lavender does. Other possibilities promoting music and/or recognizing the soil (brown) spots:

Hyacinth Haze, Pushing Petunias (play on dirt specks), Sweet Violet.
The specks are walnut shells and you could probably interpret the scent as hyacinth.
Whenever I hear the word Violet, I automatically think of "Violet, you're turning violet!" from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"!!
So of course when I looked at your picture/read that it smelled like candy, I thought: Wonka Rainbow Bars
This made me bust out laughing.
Itty Bitty Fruity Bits?
I like that too, however I would have to shorten it to, itty bitty bits.

Thanks everyone! I like them all and now I just have to pick one.

Back