Help! My soy candle crystalized

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haddas

Reaction score
Hi, i've been making soy candles for about a month using "naturewax c3" wax. Usually they turn out great or only have a sinkhole that is easily fixable. Last night i made a candle using brambleberry's "midnight waters" FO for the first time and in the morning the candle was set and looked like the wax crystalized on the sides and the top of the candle. At first i thought it might just be frosting as the house cooled down at night but it looks much more extreme than that.
Does anyone know what this is or how it happened?

Attachments

• 20201005_110532.jpg
    20201005_110532.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201005_110601.jpg
    20201005_110601.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 16
Hi, i've been making soy candles for about a month using "naturewax c3" wax. Usually they turn out great or only have a sinkhole that is easily fixable. Last night i made a candle using brambleberry's "midnight waters" FO for the first time and in the morning the candle was set and looked like the wax crystalized on the sides and the top of the candle. At first i thought it might just be frosting as the house cooled down at night but it looks much more extreme than that.
As you are new and this is your first post please go to the Introduction forum and tell us about yourself.

It's not the FO, that is just the nature of soy wax. I'm surprised your first attempts didnt' yield similar results.

Latest posts

Back