Help my soaps are fading!!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierravistasoapco

Reaction score
Hello!! So I sell M&P Soap here in Arizona and am having a fading issue šŸ˜­ I use a tent at the markets and try to keep my soaps out of the sun, but sometimes it's just not possible. I've noticed that even the smallest amount of sun is causing my nice pastels to fade. Currently I'm using glycerine based colorants and my question is, will they fade less (or not at all) if I use micas instead?

Thanks so much!

That's what I'm thinking! I mean somehow people are making soap that doesn't fade lol I use micas in my wax melts and they sit in the sun and do fine (unless its too hot and they melt...šŸ˜)

Thank you, I think I'm gonna try that!

My understanding is that liquid colorants are often made with dyes, and dyes can easily fade when exposed to light, even indirect light. Micas, lakes, or oxides will be more color-fast over time. šŸ˜Š
Thank you! Yea I've noticed that they have faded some even without being in direct light and thats so frustrating as most of my events are outside. Will be ordering some more micas very soon!

Latest posts

Back