HELP! My soap (after 5wks) is soft and slimy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And check this out there are the batches of soap that I have made (the old recipe) Months ago I gave a few bars of an earlier batch to a friend and I said they need to sit longer and cure. Well they forgot about them until months later and low and behold they were great! So what you see in the picture will sit there until Valentines Day 2021. And I will use of the last of the ingridients that I have
IMG_20200814_171430640.jpg
using the new half recipe for my last batch of the season. And again thank you all!

This week I will make my last batch of goats milk soap for this year. Just a quick comment: My initial teacher from years ago only makes soap AFTER the new moon. He believes that is when soap should be made. He also (as I do) make the soap early in the day..pour it in its mold(s)...let it sit until the early evening than put the mold(s) in the freezer overnight. On the next morning set out your mold(s) from the freezer..allowing them to thaw then plop them out! I dont know if this process does anything at all with regard to the quality of the soap. Thank You!

I initially had a problem with getting them out of the mold and than I thought I should have taken dibbles earlier advice and added sodium lactate but I just set them in the freezer overnight and popped them out the next morning.
Again thank you for all of your sage advice!

Back