Help! My CP liquid soap is not diluting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah82

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I made my second batch of cp liquid soap with 60% olive oil and 40% coconut oil. The oils were 1 kg in weight. When my soap paste was ready I added 2 liters of water for dilution it's been diluting since two weeks but still has blobs of soap paste. What is happening? Do I need to add more water? I didn't had this problem with my first batch it was same ratio of oils but 600 grams of oils in weight. I had added almost same amount of water but it was very thin so this time I added less water to make it a bit thicker. Please help.

Hi Sarah- your soap just needs a little more water, that's all. When you go to add in more water, do so just a little bit at a time, because it's very easy for things to go the other way and make things turn out too thin. At this stage, when I have some blobbage that's not dissolving, I usually add no more than about 1 mL of water at a time, sometimes less, so that I don't go overboard.

Remember to keep notes of how much water you add each time!

IrishLass :)

An alternative to diluting the whole thing is to remove the blobs to a separate container and dilute just the blobs until they become liquid. That way you're only messing with the problem parts, and leaving the properly diluted soap alone. I don't usually do this, but sometimes it's handy.

Latest posts

Back