Help me with the technique

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baqn

Reaction score
Hallo guys, I saw a lovely soap in pinterest. I thought what could be the technique of making it but after several attempts I gave up. I tried spin swirl, pot swirl and clyde side. I think clyde side is the right technique but I did too thin layers in the pot. I am attaching the photo I found. So thank you in advance. I will keep om trying.

Attachments

• 859fea0b6c224373346358a8b86bbc08.jpg
    859fea0b6c224373346358a8b86bbc08.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 81
Hallo guys, I saw a lovely soap in pinterest. I thought what could be the technique of making it but after several attempts I gave up. I tried spin swirl, pot swirl and clyde side. I think clyde side is the right technique but I did too thin layers in the pot. I am attaching the photo I found. So thank you in advance. I will keep om trying.

I don't know, but it sure is gorgeous. It seems like you were on the right track, though. Still, maybe if you contact Serene_Candles on Instagram
serene_candles

or on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pg/soycandlescanada/

they might be willing to give you some direction.

It might be a combination of ITP and spin swirl, or Clyde slide and spin swirl. It sure is nice. Looking at the Instragram postings, that soaper has some lovely soaps.

Baqn, I found it interesting that she (or he?) calls that soap 'Curvilinear Hues' so I looked for some reference to Curvilinear as a design technique, but found nothing in the soap world. In the math world and elsewhere the word curvilinear appears, but so far it doesn't seem to show up in the soaping world. So I guess it's just the name given to that particular soap. I was hoping for an identifiable design technique.

When you find out, I am hoping you will show of photos of your resulting soaps.

LSG, I was struck by the statement in that video that one needs to leave the soaps in that mold for a week and then she said it it still doesn't come out easily another day or two!

I know this isn't exactly the same, but using those colors and pouring more layers of different depths would make it similar. When I made this one I did an off center pour in a square slab silicone mold, alternating colors while pouring some layers thicker, some thinner, some larger and some smaller. I ran a chopstick diagonally through the entire design, back and forth. I then used a thin skewer to lightly swirl the top adding gold mica :)

fullsizeoutput_3bc.jpeg

Back