Help me with my foaming bath whip scrub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapbar

Reaction score
I am so disappointed I made foaming bath whipped scrub and my recipe is taken from Soaping 101 when I filled jars to full amount and shipped them to my sister she told me that jars are not totally filled:(
What is the problem can some one help? May be because the weather is hot so that air came out the jars ? How to fix this in the future?

Attachments

• سكراب.jpg
    سكراب.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 25
OH no, sorry to see that - it looks so pretty, too. You mentioned that it was hot, and heat will definitely cause whipped products to deflate and sink down. Many sellers won't ship them during hot months for that reason.

I don't know about scrubs, but I've been able to rewhip my overheated whipped body butters to become fluffy again. Maybe someone else can chime in to say whether your sister can rewhip the scrub. If not, it should still be usable, just not as fun without the fluffy texture.

Did you allow it to rot / rest a few weeks before you package it and sent it off to your sister ??

Are you using this recipe from this video?

1630617859246.png

If so, I would add some glycerine to the recipe to give the whipped scrub some stability. I make and ship scrubs all year round, and while my jars might have a bit of settling, they don't completely deflate. I fill mine to the top of the threads (if I have overwhipped, I fill my jars by weight not volume), worst case settling is to the bottom of the threads.

I'm not entirely sure what the "whipped soap soap" is above - I'm at work so I couldn't watch the video or the additional "how to make the soap whip" video... but the recipe listed with that video:
1630618187391.png

I don't see any need for it to "rot" as suggested above. While some scrubs do deflate in the first 24 hours naturally, or settle a bit during shipping, it shouldn't be to the extreme that has happened in your photo. Although it does look quite a bit melted, which indicates exposure to heat.

It's the heat mostly. Definitely looks like overwhipping as well. Scrubs in general are less stable when whipped than just the whipped soap itself. Personally, I barely whip my scrubs because they will almost certainly deflate during shipping if whipped too much. I basically just incorporate the sugar and pack. The whipped soap itself is a bit more forgiving and I'm able to whip it to twice the size without any deflation (I love those! They are like whipped cream and so lovely). It is unlikely that it will be unsafe to use because even in a hot mail truck/carrier, etc. it probably did not go over the heat of inactivation of the preservative.

Thank you all for your rich and informative replays I will change the product into paste soap as it is more stable than the whipped foam and people in my country prefer paste soap scrubs.

Soap and clay has a couple of recipes for a whipped soap base that is rocksolid stable… Although the most stable rocksolid can possibly disintegrate depending on the heat. But it is really nice quality and to make and you can use this soap paste for more than just whipped soap. And you can make a ton of it and it holds for years. Check out their video:

Soap and clay has a couple of recipes for a whipped soap base that is rocksolid stable… Although the most stable rocksolid can possibly disintegrate depending on the heat. But it is really nice quality and to make and you can use this soap paste for more than just whipped soap. And you can make a ton of it and it holds for years. Check out their video:

this is what I meant up by making soap paste but I make it with only potassium hydroxide.

I like the combo of the dual lye solution. I don’t know if the potassium hydroxide is the reason it works so well, but it’s the nicest base I’ve ever worked with, and it’s really easy

That looks awesome! I want to try a non syndet version now.

What is the lye concentration for this HP soap paste? I have looked through my Liquid Soapmaking book but can't find it. I assume it's 25% but not sure. TIA

I made the paste then the sugar scrub 4 times. Can't get it to whip at all. It whips, then flattens all of a sudden and turns into a thick treacle or gum like consistency. Tried cooling etc, but doesn't whip up again. Doesn't foam either... at all I mean, not a small lather. It's a shame because it feels great on my skin. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I made the paste then the sugar scrub 4 times. Can't get it to whip at all. It whips, then flattens all of a sudden and turns into a thick treacle or gum like consistency. Tried cooling etc, but doesn't whip up again. Doesn't foam either... at all I mean, not a small lather. It's a shame because it feels great on my skin. Any thoughts?
It sounds to me like you are over-whipping it. When in doubt, stop whipping earlier than you think.

Latest posts

Back