Help Me Put This into Words?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissE

Reaction score
There's a dry feel that you get when you use something like a serum, like it just disappears into your skin and almost feels like it evaporated into thin . . . well, skin. I would like to learn how to create products that have that feel but I don't even know what to search for cos I'm not sure how to describe this feeling.

Any help is appreciated! :)

Something that "sinks in" is something that is absorbed, whether serum or a new idea.

That being said, what are you planning to do with this new bit of wisdom? o_O

It depends greatly on what you're making, but a silicone like cyclomethicone or dimethicone can create that silky, dry feeling.

I think you nailed it, Cellador, silky and dry! I'll be looking into silicone now, especially these two. I wonder if there are close natural alternatives to silicone? Or since it is nature-derived, is it close enough to natural to be added to natural products and still consider them natural, kinda like micas?

Thanks!

Something that "sinks in" is something that is absorbed, whether serum or a new idea.

That being said, what are you planning to do with this new bit of wisdom? o_O

Thanks, Zany_in_CO, I was actually looking for something more than just 'absorbed.' In fact, when I think of it, I want a carrier that does not get absorbed but just delivers something else and then gets on its merry way (if I'm making sense, I don't feel like it ;):)). And, I am looking to formulate something for my face that is not oily.

isopropyl myristate

A gentle suggestion -- Give folks more time to reply, MissE. You're not likely to always get an instant answer.

isopropyl myristate

A gentle suggestion -- Give folks more time to reply, MissE. You're not likely to always get an instant answer.

Sorry, I actually only saw the first post had sailed through after I refreshed the page, and there was no way to remove the first post :)

Back