Help me decide?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.papermart.com/p/slide-open-soap-boxes-window/144009

They also have a 2-holer if you are giving gifts and don't like someone enough to give them three bars. ;)

1631712410576.png

These are beautiful! I guess if you take it sportive, it'd be a fun project for a cricut/laser cutter as well.

ETA: I see that there is a transparent film across the window?

But, but, I don't have any gold!
Geez. You're a PIRATE. Go hijack a Spanish galleon and seize some of their ducats.

These are beautiful! I guess if you take it sportive, it'd be a fun project for a cricut/laser cutter as well.

ETA: I see that there is a transparent film across the window?

Geez. You're a PIRATE. Go hijack a Spanish galleon and seize some of their ducats.

I don't know if there is a film. It didn't look like it to me, but I have no idea. I would think if it did, they would call it out somehow. Maybe someone who has used them knows?

Yes, there is a hard plastic film. I asked if they had a plant based plastic for the film and I could almost feel their eyes roll. I bought a case of them and it looks like they are sold out now, hopefully they’ll have them again soon. I haven’t seen them anywhere else, except Amazon which looks like someone is reselling from papermart. They are pretty nice.

1. If you are going to do cedarwood EO, I would pair it with another EO (there are some good blends listed on eocalc.com.) I love the idea of the white with brown and green.
2. This sounds amazing
3. This sounds amazing as well, but maybe more suited to valentines day?
Why have several of you recommended to pair the cedarwood eo with something? I don't understand.

If you like it the way it is, use it straight pure!
I guess the advice has to do with cedarwood being a “base note” fragrance. That means that it pairs/blends well with the plethora of top and heart/middle notes, without getting into the way of each other. If you're not combining base notes with anything else, you're kind of “wasting” an opportunity for scents to team up for a more complex fragrance with a potential to develop over time (after application/liberation; that has nothing to do with curing time).

Thanks, Bubbles! Oh! I mean Bubble!

Bubbles or Bubble, it`s all good! 😁
Have you been able to make any soap yet? (she said innocently...:swinging: )

Pair it with Litsea Cubeba, maybe?

Litsea is a good one! It is a bit brighter than lemongrass (well, according to my own sniffer at least).

I have tried Litsea with Cedarwood a couple of times, and the Cedarwood tend to overpower absolutely everything, so I would use more Litsea than Cedarwood, Just keep in mind safe usage rates.

I don`t use Litsea in CP soap anymore, it is too expensive for me to use, and doesn`t stick arounds as much as lemongrass does in my soaps. I`m in the EU and the rules are stricter here, so instead of wasting the low usage rate in CP I`ll save it to shaving soap and liquid soap as a blend.

But I can tell you that the Litsea mixes well with the woody notes of Cedar, makes it a bit sweeter and not so heady. Add some drops of both to a cottonball, and wrap it in tin foil until the next day, and take a sniff test to see if you like it?

Last edited:
Back