HELP lye heavy soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimeeG

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have been making soap for a while now. Usually cold pressed, but some hot. I have made a batch today very very lye heavy. I was premixing 2:1 lye and added the wrong bucket to recipe. Can i save the mix? Just wondering if this batch can saponify then i divide it into new hot process batches.
thanks for any advise.
Natasha

I would think probably doing a rebatch add more water and oils carefully if it before trace add more oils I believe hope you were able to fix. You will want to check the ph once you can.

You would have to reconfigure your recipe in a soap calculator to come up with the amount of oils you are short then re-batch it. Also, the process is called Cold Process (CP). :) Hopefully it's a small batch and can be fixed relatively easy.

If you post your lye-heavy recipe in weights of all ingredients, we might be able to provide specific advice about this specific batch of soap. Otherwise, rebatching with the missing ingredients is the best generic advice to follow. It might still be the best advice for this particular batch. But sometimes there are other options available if we know more details.

Back