help! less water added

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xiangpozi

Reaction score
hi guys,
I'm new in making liquid soap. today I made a stupid mistake, I only added 1.4times water while dissolving the KOH, the soap has been made for 6hours, it is now traced and very sticky,I don't know what I can do now to make it up, or just leave it? what result it will be?

You can put the soft soap in a slow cooker and turn on low for several hours. That should help cook some of the water out of the mixture.

You can put the soft soap in a slow cooker and turn on low for several hours. That should help cook some of the water out of the mixture.
thanks, but I can't catch you. you said to cook some water out of the soap,but now my problem is the water is too less, I'm considering if I can add some water into the soft soap now.

Oh, I see, the way I read the post you used 1.4 times water as the recipe called for. If you used less water, just let the soap set until it hardens to see if it is OK. As long as you used the correct amount of oils in ratio to lye, it should not be lye heavy.

Latest posts

Back