help! I can't stop ordering stuff!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milla

Reaction score
I think I'm out of control! I'm ordering butters, oils, FOs, colors, clays, lotion supplies, books, stuff on etsy, etc!! I feel so guilty! I keep saying "ok, I finally have everything so I can stop buying stuff."

I reason with myself by not buying anything for myself like no clothes, makeup, purses, etc. No random trips to target anymore. I also eat frugally during the weeks DH is out of town. Thinking if I don't grocery shop then I can use that money for soap stuff!

I am seriously done ordering.

ETA: luckily DH doesn't care and I'm the one who pays the bills!

OMG can I relate to that . I don't know how many times I have said to myself "there that should be everything I need for awhile ". HA who am I kidding :D
I have to say that it has slowed down somewhat since I started buying bulk .I live in the middle of nowhere and shipping is a killer . I find a recipe I have to try , but I don't have one ingredient ( can't buy much locally ) , so if I am paying shipping anyway , why not order more and make it worthwhile :wink:
It is a vicious circle I tell ya :wink:

Kitn

I'm glad I'm not the only one kitn. But you're eventually going to sell, right? You have a reason! We want to move to South Dakota in two years and I should be saving more money and updating our house.

But I am seriously done. I was just thinking about my future projects and I really think I have everything.

I've had requests for body butters and lotions, which is why I had to buy stuff. People have offered to pay, but of course I won't take any money. They can certainly take me out to eat though!

artisan soaps said:
Mango Butter is what I feel deprived of at the moment - and my FO supplier has new stock!! :roll: :D :lol:

That's the butter I just ordered more of!

I feel better now. I know you have no plans to sell, but your soap and lotions are so pretty that I bet you could sell. You have a way of looking at things differently and uniquely.

Can we say Obsession!!! :lol:

Went out with my son yesterday to run errands and came home with an armful of silicone mods, more measuring spoons, loofah, co, lard, castor oil, and I was only trying to get my son out of the house on a sunny day!!

Jude

p.s. Shipping stinks!! :evil:

heyjude said:
Can we say Obsession!!! :lol:

p.s. Shipping stinks!! :evil:

Shipping does stink.

As for obsession...I was on the phone with DH the other night and he said "Please don't talk about soap tonight." I laughed so hard. I must sound like a crazy woman babbling about recipes, colors, FOs.....

My dh lasts about five minutes of soaptalk; then his eyes start to glaze over and he suddenly remembers something he forgot to do in the basement!! :)

To his credit he is very complimentary and doesn't bother me about spending $$$. :)

Jude

I'm sorry I can't help you.....I need help myself.

I think we should seriously think about starting a support group! :lol:

Milla said:
heyjude said:
Dixie said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jude

DITTO!!

Why do I have the feeling that it would be more of an "enabling" group. ;)

I'm having the same issue! I'm not working right now, thus have no money. Yet, if I want to get my business off the ground, I need to buy supplies... (sigh)....

kittywings wrote:
I'm having the same issue! I'm not working right now, thus have no money. Yet, if I want to get my business off the ground, I need to buy supplies... (sigh)....

Just listen to yourself kittywings......making excuses. Stop and say" HI, my name is kittywings and I am a soap addict, I continue to make excuses to buy more soap supplies"

:lol:

Dixie said:
kittywings wrote:

Just listen to yourself kittywings......making excuses. Stop and say" HI, my name is kittywings and I am a soap addict, I continue to make excuses to buy more soap supplies"

:lol:

But... it's just so hard.... I NEED these things! :cry:

i went to order a few things and the whole "well i have to pay shipping anyways so why not get a few things" hit me too...lol

You are not alone!

kittywings said:
Milla said:
heyjude said:
Dixie said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jude

DITTO!!

Why do I have the feeling that it would be more of an "enabling" group. ;)

if we had an "enabling group" then we could buy in bulk! think of all the money we could save! :shock:

i'm the worst offender when it comes to f/o's! they sit glaring at me from the shelves!

I'm just as bad. I fill endless e-shopping carts, at many different sites...what stops me from ordering is that I HATE paying customs and duty charges.

If it's a Canadian site...well, they usually end up with my money.

Latest posts

Back