Help - How do you swirl?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian0523

Reaction score
Ok guys - can you explain how to swirl in the mold & in the pot. I understand each is a different technique.

I tried to swirl in the mold last night, and I did it like you would make a marble cake, but when I unmolded today - there were no swirls at all. It looks more like a two toned soap - one color on bottom the lighter color on top.

So I guess, it has something to do with what trace you swirl????

Please help.

I swirl in the pot by taking some of the base batter from the mix, then putting some in plastic throw away cups and add colours. I then pour the coloured cups of spat batter, which is at thin trace, into the pot, and give a couple gentile swirls. A swirl in the mold is done by pouring this from the pot into your mold in various directions.

A swirl in the slab mold is a different thing, or it can be done differently. You pour base in the slab, then pour your coloured thin cups of soap in the plastic cups into the slab from different heights and in different directions. You then use something like a chop stick, to make swirls in the base batter. It is so much fun!

Paul

Back